Soft Computing-Based Control System of Intelligent Robot Navigation
- 266 Downloads
This paper focuses on the study of intelligent navigation techniques which are capable of navigating a mobile robot autonomously in unknown environments in real-time. We primarily focused on a soft computing-based control system of autonomous robot behaviour. The soft computing methods included artificial neural networks and fuzzy logic. Using them, it was possible to control autonomous robot behaviour. Based on defined behaviour, this device was able to deduce a corresponding reaction to an unknown situation. Real robotic equipment was represented by a Lego Mindstorms EV3 robot. The outcomes of all experiments were analysed in the conclusion.
KeywordsControl system Autonomous robot Artificial neural network Fuzzy Logic System
The research described here has been financially supported by the University of Ostrava grant SGS05/PRF/2019.
- 3.Black, L.: A Worm’s mind in a Lego body. I Programmer, May 2019. http://www.i-programmer.info/news/105-artificial-intelligence/7985-a-worms-mind-in-a-lego-body.html
- 4.De Silva, W.: Intelligent Control: Fuzzy Logic Applications. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Matarić, M.J., Arkin, R.C.: The Robotics Primer. MIT Press, London (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Markoski, A., Vukosavljev, S., Kukolj, D., Pletl, S.: Mobile robot control using self-learning neural network. In: 7th International Symposium on Intelligent Systems and Informatics, pp. 45–48. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Peri, V.M., Simon, D.: Fuzzy logic control for an autonomous robot. In: Annual Meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, pp. 337–342. IEEE (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Tripathi, G.N., Rihani, V.: Motion planning of an autonomous mobile robot using artificial neural network. arXiv preprint arXiv:1207.4931 (2012)
- 15.Vinogradov, A., Terentev, A., Kochetkov, M., Petrov, V.: Model of fuzzy regulator of mobile robot motion control system. In: 2019 IEEE Conference of Russian Young Researchers in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, pp. 2109–2112. IEEE (2019)Google Scholar
- 16.Volna, E., Kotyrba, M., Jaluvka, M.: Intelligent robot’s behavior based on fuzzy control system. In: International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Management Science and Application, pp. 34 – 38. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.Volna, E., Kotyrba, M., Zacek, M., Bartoň, A.: Emergence of an autonomous robot’s behaviour. In: European Conference on Modelling and Simulation, Bulgaria 2015, pp. 462–468 (2015)Google Scholar
- 18.Wang, D., Zhang, Y., Si, W.: Behavior-based hierarchical fuzzy control for mobile robot navigation in dynamic environment. In: Proceedings of the Chinese Control and Decision Conference, pp. 2419–2424 (2011)Google Scholar