Basic Principle of Structural Isolation
- 38 Downloads
The structural isolation is usually considered as the most effective technology to resist earthquake action. At first, motion equation of isolated structural system is derived. Then, in the section of basic characteristics of isolated structural system, response analysis and characteristics of isolated structural system are introduced. In the section of commonly used isolation devices for building structures, rubber isolation system, sliding isolation system and hybrid isolation system are introduced systematically.
- 1.Li, Aiqun. 1991. Simplified solution of motion equations for base vibration isolator. Journal of Southeast University (Natural Science Edition) 21 (04): 130–135. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 2.Skinner. 1996. Introduction to engineering isolation. Beijing: Earthquake Press.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, Wenfang. 1999. Test, theoretical analysis and application research on sliding isolation of multistory brick building foundation. Nanjing: Southeast University. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 4.Mao, Lijun. 2004. Research on building structures of sliding base-isolation. Nanjing: Southeast University. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Aiqun. 2007. Vibration control of engineering structure. Beijing: China Machine Press.Google Scholar