- 23 Downloads
This chapter intends to motivate the reader by presenting on overview of the investigated research problem. The rationale and motivation are discussed and a summary of observations and results is given. The challenge of robust control of a fixed-wing UAV with time-varying aerodynamic uncertainties is tackled by using and implementing \(\mu \)-analysis and additive uncertainty weighting functions. The technique described herein can be generalized and applied to the class of new generation, unconventional UAVs, seeking to address uncertainty challenges regarding the aircraft’s aerodynamic coefficients. A brief outline of the monograph is also given.
- 2.Klein V, Morelli EA (2006) Aircraft system identification: theory and practice. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, RestonGoogle Scholar
- 3.Tischler MB, Remple RK (2006) Aircraft and rotorcraft system identification. AIAA education series. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, RestonGoogle Scholar
- 4.Kanistras K, Rutherford MJ, Valavanis KP (2018) Foundations of circulation control based small-scale unmanned aircraft. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 5.Michailidis MG, Agha M, Kanistras K, Rutherford MJ, Valavanis KP (2017) A controller design framework for a NextGen circulation control based UAV. In: IEEE conference on control technology and applications (CCTA), pp 1542–1549Google Scholar
- 6.Michailidis MG, Kanistras K, Agha M, Rutherford MJ, Valavanis KP (2017) Robust nonlinear control of the longitudinal flight dynamics of a circulation control fixed wing UAV. In: IEEE conference on decision and control (CDC), pp 3920–3927Google Scholar