International Network Conference as an Efficient Way to Integrate Universities and Businesses in the Context of Digital Economy
- 24 Downloads
Development of engineering education is closely related to the global development processes of post-industrial society in the context of Industry 4.0, digitalization of economy, and the vigorous growth of technology and media. The ideas become dominating that education must serve the goals of a sustainable and dynamic society experiencing serious crises of technogenic and social/political nature. Accordingly, the goal of higher engineering/technology education be-comes turning out engineers that are ready to overcome the above challenges. This goal cannot be achieved without exchanging best practices and ideas among researchers and teachers representing the universities of various countries, involving the interested representatives of leading corporations. International engineering education forums and conferences may offer great opportunities for that. Issues and problems of engineering education are currently dis-cussed at many global forums and conferences, including the ICL/IGIP. Since 2016, the International Science and Practice SYNERGY Network Conference has become a large discussion site in Russia. The conference applies best global practices, as well as identifies and accomplishes important goals, such as developing public-private partnership, modernizing curricula, upgrading the skills of faculty members, managing staff, and other conference participants, spreading new educational techniques and technology, using digital formats and education digitalization being especially important given the scale of Russia, and expanding partnership links to companies being the customers of universities and participating in the conference.
Outcomes of the conferences already held demonstrate a significant effect pro-vided on the university teachers who adopt best practices and teaching methods, learn from each other, cross-pollinate, and get feedback from employers regarding the quality of professional training and necessary improvements.
KeywordsEngineering education Academic-industry partnership University collaboration
- 1.Yushko, S.V., Galikhanov, M.F., Kondratyev, V.V.: Integrative training of future engineers for innovative activities in conditions of post-industrial economy. In: Higher Education in Russia, no. 1. pp. 65–75 (2019)Google Scholar
- 2.Barabanova, S.V., Kaybiyaynen, A.A., Kraysman, N.V.: Digitalization of education in the global context. In: Higher Education in Russia, no. 1, pp. 94–103 (2019)Google Scholar
- 3.Ivanov, V., Barabanova, S., Galikhanov, M., Kaybiyaynen, A., Suntsova, M.: International network conference: new technologies of interaction for the development of engineering education. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. Vol. 916. The Challenges of the Digital Transformation in Education Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning, ICL 2018, vol. 1, pp. 472–482. Springer (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Pavlichenko, N.V., Lapin, V.O., Vasilchenko, A.A.: Prospects of using research project management methods at educational and research institutions within the system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. In: Law and Education, pp. 4–14 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Sanger, P.A., Pavlova, I.V., Shageeva, F.T., Khatsrinova, O.Y., Ivanov, V.G.: Introducing project based learning into traditional Russian education. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 715, pp. 821–829 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Khatsrinova, O., Barabanova, S., Khatsrinova, J.: The main trends in the development of engineering education: the role of the university teacher in systemic changes. In: Teaching and Learning in a Digital World. ICL2018 – 21th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning, Kos Island, Greece, 25–28 September 2018, pp. 1223–1231. http://icl-onference.org/proceedings/ICL2018_proceedings.zip
- 8.Galikhanov, M., Yushko, S., Shageeva, F., Guzhova, A.: Entrepreneurial competency development of the engineering students at the research university. In: International Network Conference: New Technologies of Interaction for the Development of Engineering Education. Teaching and Learning in a Digital World, ICL2018 – 21st International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning, Kos Island, Greece, 25–28 September 2018, pp. 318–326. http://icl-onference.org/proceedings/ICL2018_proceedings.zip
- 9.Shageeva, F., Bogoudinova, R., Kraysman, N.: Teachers-researchers training at technological university. In: Teaching and Learning in a Digital World. ICL2018 – 21st International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning, Kos Island, Greece, 25–28 September 2018, pp. 1699–1703. http://icl-onference.org/proceedings/ICL2018_proceedings.zip
- 10.Klyuyev, A.K., Kuzminov, Ya.I.: Challenges and prospects of universities in Russia: an interview conducted. Rector of the Higher School of Economics. In: University Management: Practice and Analysis, vol. 22(4) (2018)Google Scholar