Development of Pick and Place Delta Robot
- 20 Downloads
This research aims to develop a prototype of 3-DOF robot that use for pick and place objects with high speed movement and low cost to produce, named parallel robot or delta robot. The robot can approach special applications with fast and smooth control. Thus, it is easy to movement in different positions. It is suitable for transporting workpieces or be able to move in various points. The payload can be up to 500 g. In current application, it can be applied to the food manufacturing industry. Therefore, the robot prototype can be used for food industry companies or related industries field. The project has co-operative from both public sector and private sector. The research and development are conducted by the researchers from the public sector. The private sector provides support materials and equipment. After producing a prototype, the test is carried out by the private sector, evaluates the performance and satisfaction of users to use. When the prototype is completed, the private sector can be commercialized to market in the future.
KeywordsDelta robot Parallel robot Robot design Mechanical design
We would like to thank the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) for financial support to this research and provide the special expertise for comments and advising research work.
- 1.Pandilov, Z., Dukovski, V.: Comparison of the characteristics between serial and parallel robots. Acta Technica Corviniensis-Bull. Eng. 7(1), 143–160 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Stapornchaisit, S.: Bilateral control in delta robot by using Jacobian matrix. In: 6th International Conference of Information and Communication Technology for Embedded System (IC-ICTES) (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Hirano, J.: Development of delta robot driven by pneumatic artificial muscles. In: IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), Besancon, France, 8–11 July 2014 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Williams II, R.L.: The delta parallel robot: kinematics solutions, October 2016. http://www.ohio.edu/people/williar4/html/pdf/DeltaKin.pdf
- 5.Gurgen, M., Eryilmaz, C., Omurlu, V.E.: Parametric design of delta robot. In: CBU International Conference on Innovations in Science and Education, 23–25 March 2016 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Mustafa, M., Misuari, R., Daniyal, H.: Forward kinematics of 3 degree of freedom delta robot. In: The 5th Student Conference on Research and Development – SCOReD 2007, Malaysia, 11–12 December 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Pranav, M., Mukilan, A., Sundar Ganesh, C.S.: A novel design of delta robot. Int. J. Multidiscip. Res. Mod. Educ. (IJMRME) II(II) (2016). (www.rdmodernresearch.com). ISSN (Online): 2454-6119
- 8.Poppeová, V., Uríček, J., Bulej, V., Šindler, P.: Delta robots – robots for high speed manipulation. Tehnički vjesnik 18(3), 435–445 (2011)Google Scholar