History of Crude Oil Refining
- 21 Downloads
In this chapter, we discuss the history of the use of crude oil by humans in various areas of the world from more than 4000 years ago, and how crude oil refining has evolved over time, and the various products that we make from crude oil for use in our modern lifestyles.
- 1.“History of the Petroleum Industry”, from Wikipedia, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_petroleum_industry. Also see “Petroleum” at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum.
- 2.“Petroleum Industry”, from Wikipedia, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry.
- 3.“Petroleum Refining Processes”, Jamed G. Speight and Baki Ozum, Marcel Dekker, 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.Aspen Junge, “Petroleum Refining: A 125 Year Kansas Legacy”, Kansas Dept. of Health & Environment, see www.kdheks.gov/remedial/articles/refining_history.pdf.
- 5.“Refining Crude Oil: History, Process and Products”, see www.oil150.com/files/refining-crude-oil-history,-process-and-products.pdf.
- 6.“Petroleum Refinery Engineering”, W. L. Nelson, McGraw-Hill, NY, 4th Ed., 1958.Google Scholar
- 7.“How Oil Refining Transformed US History & Way of Life”, Industry Market Trends, see https://news.thomasnet.com/imt/2003/01/17/how_oil_refinin.
- 8.BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2018, https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/en/corporate/pdf/energy-economics/statistical-review/bp-stats-review-2018-full-report.pdf.
- 9.“Petroleum Refining”, Encyclopedia Britannica, see www.britannica.com/technology/petroleum-refining.
- 10.“Oil\(\_\) Refinery”, from Wikipedia, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_refinery.
- 11.“ Petroleum Refining in Nontechnical Language”, William L. Leffler, 4th Edition, Pennwell Corporation, 2010.Google Scholar
- 12.“Case Studies in Operations Research: Applications of Optimum Decision Making”, Katta G. Murty (editor), Springer, 2015.Google Scholar