Process Support and Visual Adaptation to Assist Visual Trend Analytics in Managing Transportation Innovations
- 57 Downloads
In the domain of mobility and logistics, a variety of new technologies and business ideas are arising. Beside technologies that aim on ecologically and economic transportation, such as electric engines, there are also fundamental different approaches like central packaging stations or deliveries via drones. Yet, there is a growing need for analytical systems that enable identifying new technologies, innovations, business models etc. and give also the opportunity to rate those in perspective of business relevance. Commonly adaptive systems investigate only the users’ behavior, while a process-related supports could assist to solve an analytical task more efficient and effective. In this article an approach that enables non-experts to perform visual trend analysis through an advanced process support based on process mining is described. This allow us to calculate a process model based on events, which is the baseline for process support feature calculation. These features and the process model enable to assist non-expert users in complex analytical tasks.
KeywordsAdaptive visualization Transportation and logistics Process mining
This work was partially funded by the Hessen State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts within the program “Forschung für die Praxis” and was conducted within the research group on Human-Computer Interaction and Visual Analytics (https://www.vis.h-da.de).
- 1.van der Aalst, W.: Process Mining: Data Science in Action. Springer, Heidelberg (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Nazemi, K., Burkhardt, D.: Visual analytics for analyzing technological trends from text. In: Proceedings of 23rd International Conference Information Visualisation (IV2019), pp. 191–200. IEEE (2019)Google Scholar
- 4.Nazemi, K., Retz, R., Burkhardt, D., Kuijper, A., Kohlhammer, J., Fellner, D.: Visual trend analysis with digital libraries. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Knowledge Technologies and Data-driven Business, pp. 14:1–14:8. ACM (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Burkhardt, D., Nazemi, K, Kohlhammer, J.: Visual process support to assist users in policy making. In: Handbook of Research on Advanced ICT Integration for Governance and Policy Modeling, pp. 149–162. IGI Global, Hershey (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Burkhardt, D., Ruppert, T., Nazemi, K.: Towards process-oriented information visualization for supporting users. In: Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (ICL), pp. 1–8. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Burkhardt, D., Nazemi, K.: Dynamic process support based on users’ behavior. In: 15th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (ICL), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Nazemi, K.: Conceptual model of adaptive semantics visualization. In: Adaptive Semantics Visualization. Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol. 646, pp. 193–297. Springer (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Kayikci, Y.: Sustainability impact of digitization in logistics. In: Procedia Manufacturing, vol. 21, pp. 782–789. Elsevier (2018)Google Scholar