An Ontology-Based Study for the Design of a Database for Data Management in Precision Farming
- 33 Downloads
Precision Farming is nowadays an important challenge aiming to improve environmental quality in rural areas, giving more sustainability to agricultural operations by improving the quality of fieldworks and increasing the food safety and security for social life. To these purposes, the setting up of specific methodologies, for precision Farming Management System (FMS), is required the use of sensors and Geomatics techniques and optimization of field operation with the aim to build a precision Farming Management System (FMS) enhancing the agricultural performance and ability to predict and mitigate environmental risks. The research activities here presented belong to a multidisciplinary project named “PFRLab: Setting of a Precision Farming Robotic Laboratory for cropping system sustainability and food safety and security” founded by the Università Politecnica delle Marche during the period 2017–2020. The main goal of the research is to design a database for data management based on agriculture ontology, using as case study the experimental farm of Università Politecnica delle Marche. To solved this task, many data have been connected by advanced technologies like Unmanned (UAV), Internet of Things (IoT), Remote Sensing and field sensors. In the future, the big amount of field data allow building a Decision Support System to increase the performances of precision farming experimental trials and making farm’s decision potentially more productive and efficient.
KeywordsGeodatabase Data processing GIS Remote sensing Precision farming Ontology
- Bansal, N., Malink, S. K. (2011). A framework for agriculture ontology development in semantic web. In 2011 International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT).Google Scholar
- Burrough, P.A., McDonnell. (1998). Principles of geographic information systems, 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Chen, X., Zhou, D., Zhou, N., & Tan, Z. (1997). Systematic analysis model for regional water resources based on a spatial information system, Proceedings of International Symposium, Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems for Design and Operation of Water Resources Systems, (M.F. Baumgartner, editor), Rabat, Morocco (IAHS Publication 242), pp. 43–51.Google Scholar
- Hung, Q. N., Nhien-An, L.-K., Tahar, K. (2018). Ontology based approach for Precision Agricolture: 2th International Conference, MIWAI 2018, Hanoi, Vietnam, November 18–20, 2018, Proceedings. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03014-8_15.
- Kunal, S., Sharda, S., Ranbir Singh, R., Aditya, R., Vaibhav, K., & Arun, K. (2015). Application of GIS in precision agriculture. Conference Paper October 2015. https://doi.org/10.13140/rg.2.1.2221.3368.
- Malinverni, E. S., Chiappini, S., Pierdicca, R. (2019). A Geodatabase for multisource data management applied to cultural heritage: The case study of Villa Buonaccorsi’s historical garden The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XLII-2/W11, 2019 GEORES 2019—2nd International Conference of Geomatics and Restoration, 8–10 May 2019, Milan, Italy.Google Scholar
- Nations FaAOotU. Multilingual Agricultural Thesaurus (AGROVOC). [cited 5 March 2018]. http://aims.fao.org/vest-egistry/vocabularies/agrovoc-multilingual-agricolturalalthesaurus.
- Orsini, R., Basili, D., Belletti, M., Bentivoglio, D., Bozzi, C. A., & Chiappini, S. et al. (2019) Setting of a precision farming robotic laboratory for cropping system sustainability and food safety and security: Preliminary results. In 1st Workshop on Metrology for Agriculture and Forestry (METROAGRIFOR) IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science 275, 012021 IOP Publishing (2019). https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/275/1/012021.
- Runyon, T., Hammitt, R., & Lindquist, R. (1994). Buried danger: Integrating GIS and GPS to identify radiologically contaminated sites. Geo Info Systems, 8(4), 28–36.Google Scholar
- Thunkijjanukij, A., Panichsakpatana, S., & Veesommai, Uamporn. (2009). Ontology development: A case study for thai rice. Kasetsart Journal—Natural Science. 43.Google Scholar
- Pakdeetrakulwong, Udsanee, & Hengpraprohm, Kairung. (2018). An ontology-based knowledge management for organic and good agricultural practice agriculture: A case of study of Nakhon Pathom Province, Thailand. Journal of Thai Interdisciplinary Research., 13(4), 26–34.Google Scholar
- Xie, Nengfu et al. Ontology-based agricultural knowledge acquisition and application. CCTA (2007).Google Scholar