Numerical Problems in XBRL Reports and the Use of Blockchain as Trust Enabler
- 19 Downloads
Financial statements are formal records of the financial activities that companies use to provide an accurate picture of their financial history. Their main purpose is to offer all the necessary data for an accurate assessment of the economic situation of a company and its ability to attract stakeholders. Our goal is to investigate how Benford’s law can be used to detect fraud in a financial report with the support of trustworthiness by blockchain.
KeywordsFinancial models Blockchain Laws of Bradford and Zipf
This research is partially supported by POR Calabria FESR-FSE 2014-2020, research project IoT&B, CUP J48C17000230006.
- 1.Cachin, C.: Architecture of the hyperledger blockchain fabric. In: Workshop on Distributed Cryptocurrencies and Consensus Ledgers (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Durtschi, C., Hillison, W., Pacini, C.: The effective use of benford’s law to assist in detecting fraud in accounting data. J. Forensic Account. 5(1), 17–34 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.D’Atri, G.: Logic-based consistency checking of XRBL instances. IJACT 3–6, 126–131 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.D’Atri, G., Le, V.T., Ioini, N.E., Pahl, C.: Towards trustworthy financial reports using blockchain. Cloud Comput. 2019, 47 (2019)Google Scholar
- 5.Eiter, T., Faber, W., Leone, N., Pfeifer, G.: Declarative problem-solving using the DLV system. In: Minker, J. (ed.) Logic-Based Artificial Intelligence. The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 597, pp. 79–103. Springer, Boston (2000). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-1567-8_4CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Ethereum Foundation: Ethereum (2013). www.ethereum.org. Accessed 10 Apr 2019
- 9.Malhotra, R., Garritt, F.: Extensible business reporting language: the future of e-commerce-driven accounting. Int. J. Bus. 9(1) (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Nakamoto, S., et al.: Bitcoin: a peer-to-peer electronic cash system (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.NEO: NEO Smart Economy (2013). https://docs.neo.org/docs/en-us/index.html. Accessed 06 Oct 2019