A New Coordinated Multi-points Transmission Scheme for 5G Millimeter-Wave Cellular Network
Millimeter-wave network based on beamforming is an interference-limited network. In order to mitigate the interference for the 5G millimeter-wave cellular network, the concept of cooperative multi-beam transmission (Beam-CoMP) is proposed in this paper to improve cell capacity. For users in the beam overlapping zone, there is strong interference between beams, so for such users, overlapping beams provide services to users through cooperation. This method can solve the problems of poor edge coverage and serious interference of overlapping coverage of beams at the same time. The specific process of beam cooperation is given and the Beam-CoMP method proposed is simulated to verify its effectiveness in improving the UE performance. The results show that cell capacity increases with the increase of the number of users in the service beam.
KeywordsMillimeter-wave 5G CoMP Capacity Interference
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61701407 and 61871327), the Natural Science Basic Research Plan in Shaanxi Province of China (No. 2018JM6037) and the Aerospace Science and Technology Fund.
- 4.Karjalainen, J., Nekovee, M., Benn, H., et al.: Challenges and opportunities of mm-wave communication in 5G networks. In: 2014 9th International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications, pp. 372–376. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Shami, T.M., Grace, D., Burr, A., Zakaria, M.D.: User-centric JT-CoMP clustering in a 5G cell-less architecture. In: 2018 IEEE 29th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Bologna, pp. 177–181 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Shang, P., Zhang, L., You, M.: Performance of uplink joint reception CoMP with antenna selection for reducing complexity in LTE-A systems. In: WCNC, pp. 977–982 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Martinez, A.B., Grieger, M., Festag, A., et al.: Sectorization and intra-site CoMP: comparison of Field-trials and system-level simulations. In: 2015 IEEE Global Communications Conference, pp. 1–7. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Khlass, A., Bonald, T., Elayoubi, S.E.: Analytical modeling of downlink CoMP in LTE-advanced. In: 2015 IEEE 81st Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Riedel, I., Rost, P., Marsch, P., et al.: Creating desirable interference by optimized sectorization in cellular systems. In: 2010 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar