Nonlinear Design of Adaptive Controllers for Bilateral Teleoperation Systems with Variable Time Delays
Controlling Bilateral Teleoperation systems in the presence of time-varying delays and disturbances presents a significant problem. This paper presents robust sliding mode control for slave side and traditional input state stability (ISS) controller for master side with the effects of external forces. Furthermore, synchronous control law based on wave variable and passivity based control in the presence of variable time delays. The wave variable theory enables us to consider the two-side BT systems as a unified circuit system. The attraction region in closed systems is estimated by using theoretical analysis. Offline simulation results are also implemented to verify the efficiency of the proposed controllers.
KeywordsBilateral Teleoperation systems Robust control Wave form variables
- 1.Trung, D.N., Hai, D.T., Nam, D.D.: The constructing of robust adaptive controller for the remotely operated system with uniform communication delays. VietNam Autom. Today (16), P69–76 (2016). ISSN 1859-0551Google Scholar
- 2.Nam, D.P., Vu, T.A., Thiem, T.D., Thiet, N.H.: Optimal control for bilateral teleoperation system with variational method. In: 2016 International Conference on Biomediacl Engineering, Hanoi, pp. 130–136. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Tung, N.A., Binh, N.T., Anh, T.H., Nam, D.P., Dong, N.M.: Synchronization control of bilateral teleoperation systems by using wave variable method under varying time delay. In: 2017 International Conference on System Science and Engineering, Hanoi, pp. 521–525. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Anh, T.H., Tung, N.A., Binh, N.T., Nam, D.P., Van Tu, V.: An adaptive control law against time – varying delays in bilateral teleoperation systems. In: 2017 International Conference on System Science and Engineering, Hanoi, pp. 542–547. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Niemeyer, G., Siotine, J.J.E.: Stable adaptive teleoperation. IEEE Oceanic Eng. 16(1), 99–110 (1991)Google Scholar