Evaluation Motion Comfort of Sleeper Coach, the Type of Vehicle Is Manufactured and Assembled at Vietnam, Effect of Random Road Profile Based on Standard ISO 8608
This study investigated generation of random road surface profile by Matlab software based on international standard ISO 8608 and applying this random road surface profile to evaluate motion comfort effect on passenger traveling by sleeper coach. The comfort indicator is determined by Root Mean Square (RMS) vertical acceleration indicator determined according to evaluation of ISO 2631-1 criteria. Evaluation model of sleeper coach is full car model, the model has eight degrees of freedom. The solve method is digital method with Matlab application software to appraise result. The results are shown the level of comfort at all different position of sleeper seat.
KeywordsRide comfort Full car model Random road profile Sleeper coach
- 1.Mechanical vibration, road surface profiles, reporting of measured data, ISO std. 8608 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Mechanical vibration and shock_Evaluation of human exposure to whole body vibration_Part 1: General requirements, ISO, std. 2631-1 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Yang, J.J., Zhang, Y.: An improved human biodynamic model considering the interaction between feet and ground. ResearchGate (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Sekulic, D., Mladenovic, D.: Evaluation and analysis of vibration effects on Bus users. Horizons (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Truong, N.M., Lap, V.D., ThanhQuang, N.: Investigating effect of changing base length to motion comfort on coach is made and assembly at Vietnam. In: Proceedings of the 1st INDO-ASEAN Conference on Innovative Approaches in Applied Sciences and Technologies, paper E.3, p. 91 (2018)Google Scholar