Granulation and Carbonization Process of Titanium-Bearing Blast Furnace Slag
Different types of slag during steelmaking could be produced by different iron ore or with different process. The vanadium-titanium magnetite (VTM) is a special kind of iron ore. The TiO2-bearing blast furnace slag (TBF slag) was produced during the VTM and was used as iron ore in blast furnace (BF). The TBF slag contains approximately twenty percent of TiO2, leading to a higher melting point and worse fluidity. This type of slag could not be quenched by water as traditional BF slags. It has been developed as a process which involves dry granulation and carbonization. The TBF slag was loaded into a rotation plate, producing the slag particles in a certain range of size under centrifugal force cooling in air. Then the slag particles were reduced and carbonized by methane at 1473 and 1523 K. This process makes better use of sensible heat as well as recovery of Ti element in titanium-bearing BF slags.
KeywordsTiO2-bearing blast furnace slag Dry granulation Carbonization
Thanks are given to the financial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51604046, 51674053), Graduate Scientific Research and Innovation Foundation of Chongqing (CYB19003).
- 1.Tan QY, Chen B, Zhang YS (2011) Multipurpose Utilization Mineral Resour 2011(6): 6–10Google Scholar
- 2.Xiao LC (2012) Multipurpose Utilization Mineral Resour 2012(2): 57–60Google Scholar
- 3.Du HG (1996) Principle of smelting vanadium-titanium magnetite in the blast furnace. Science Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 4.Zhang Y, Liu JX, Cheng GJ, Liu ZG, Chu MS, Xue XX (2013) Characterization of minerals, metals, and materials 2013. In: Hwang J-Y et al (eds) Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, pp 363–369Google Scholar
- 5.Du HG (1996) Theory of smelting V and Ti-magnetite by blast furnace. Science Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 13.Zhang LN, Wang MY, Li GQ, Sui ZT (2007) J Non-Cryst Solids 353(22–23):2214–2220Google Scholar
- 14.Chen QF, Zhang YQ, Fang MX (1991) Iron Steel Vanadium Titanium 12(3):30–35Google Scholar
- 15.Peng B, Yi WZ, Peng J (1997) Multipurpose Utilization Mineral Resour 1997(6): 26–30Google Scholar
- 16.Peng B, Yi WZ, Peng J (1997) Journal Hum Univ 24(2):31–35Google Scholar
- 17.Liu XH, Sui ZT (2002) China Nonferrous Metals 12(6):1281–1294Google Scholar
- 18.Yan F, Li C, Liang B (2006) Chin J Process Eng 2(3):413–417Google Scholar
- 19.Liu XH, Gai GS, Yang YF, Sui ZT, Li F, FU JX (2008) J China Univ. Mining Technol 18:275–278Google Scholar