MnOx-Decorated Fe–Zr-Based Nano-Catalysts for Low-Temperature NH3-SCR: Improvement of Catalytic Activity
MnOx-modified Fe–Zr-based nano-catalysts (denoted as Mn(co)/Fe–Zr and Mn(im)/Fe–Zr) were synthesized with the co-precipitation impregnation method and impregnation method, respectively, and then were used for low-temperature selective catalytic reduction of NO with NH3 (SCR). Among these catalysts, the Mn(co)/Fe–Zr catalyst exhibits the highest NH3-SCR activity (94%) at 225 °C when WHSV = 300,000 mL g−1 h−1. Meanwhile, the properties of catalysts had been characterized by XRD, BET, XPS, and H2-TPR. As determined by BET, the addition of MnOx increased the surface area and pore volume of the catalyst. The XRD results suggest that the Mn(co)/Fe–Zr possessed highly dispersed MnOx on the surface of the catalyst. The results of XPS revealed that the Mn(co)/Fe–Zr had highest concentrations of Mn4+ and Fe3+.
KeywordsMn/Fe–Zr Low-temperature SCR De–NO
The authors are grateful for the support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51974049) and the Key Technology Innovation Projects of Key Industries in Chongqing (cstc2016zdcy-ztzx0020-03).
- 8.Li J-W, Zhao Z, Chen B (2006) Effect of Fe2O3 crystal structure on the performance of Fe2O3/Cr2O3 high temperature water gas shift catalyst. Mod Chem Ind Z2:143–146Google Scholar
- 11.Lin T, Xu HD, Li W, Zhang QL, Gong MC, Chen YQ (2009) Preparation of Mn–Fe/ZrO2–TiO2 monolith catalyst and its properties for low-temperature NH3-SCR reaction. Chem J Chinese U 30:2240–2246Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang Y, Huang T, Xiao R, Xu H, Shen K, Zhou C (2017) A comparative study on the Mn/TiO2-M(M=Sn, Zr or Al)Ox catalysts for NH3-SCR reaction at low temperature. Environ Technol 39:1Google Scholar
- 15.Yamashita T, Hayes P (2008) Analysis of XPS spectra of Fe2+ and Fe3+ ions oxide materials. Appl Surf Sci 254:8Google Scholar
- 17.Victoria SG, Raj AME, Jothy VB, Ravidhas C, Wollschläger J, Suendorf M, Neumann M, Jayachandran M, Sanjeeviraja C (2010) XRD and XPS characterization of mixed valence Mn3O4 hausmannite thin films prepared by chemical spray pyrolysis technique. Appl Surf Sci 256:9Google Scholar
- 18.Guo J, Fang N, Shu S, Luo H, Chu Y, Li J (2017) Enhancement of low-temperature activity and sulfur resistance of Fe0.3Mn0.5Zr0.2 catalyst for NO removal by NH3-SCR, Chem Eng J 325:114–123Google Scholar
- 24.Thirupathi B, Smirniotis PG (2012) Nickel-doped Mn/TiO2 as an efficient catalyst for the low-temperature SCR of NO with NH3: catalytic evaluation and characterizations. J Catal 288:74–83Google Scholar