Coupling of PDE and ODE Solvers in INMOST Parallel Platform: Application to Electrophysiology
- 362 Downloads
Mathematical modeling of cardiac electrophysiology is one of important and widely developing problems in personalized medicine. In this paper we present numerical simulations of electrophysiology in a human heart ventricles using high performance computing. For cardiac electrophysiology equations monodomain model is used. This PDE problem is discretized by P1 finite elements with the first order accurate implicit time scheme. Ionic currents are described by system of ODEs from O’Hara–Rudy model, provided by CellML model repository. The whole problem is solved using the CVODE solver, Ani3D and INMOST platforms. Efficiency in numerical simulations on high performance systems is almost 50% on 192 cores.
KeywordsCardiac electrophysiology High performance computing O’Hara-Rudy model Monodomain model
The research was supported by RFBR grants 17-01-00886 and 18-00-01524 (18-00-01661).
- 5.Vázquez, M., et al.: Alya red CCM: HPC-based cardiac computational modelling. In: Klapp, J., Ruíz Chavarría, G., Medina Ovando, A., López Villa, A., Sigalotti, L. (eds.) Selected Topics of Computational and Experimental Fluid Mechanics. ESE, pp. 189–207. Springer, Cham (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-11487-3_11CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.CardioSolv Ablation Technologies. https://www.cardiosolv.com/. Accessed 15 Apr 2019
- 7.A popular open-source (LGPLv3) computing platform for solving partial differential equations (PDEs). https://fenicsproject.org. Accessed 15 Apr 2019
- 10.Ani3D (Advanced Numerical Instruments 3D). https://sourceforge.net/projects/ani3d/. Accessed 15 Apr 2019
- 11.INMOST (Integrated Numerical Modelling and Object-oriented Supercomputing Technologies). http://inmost.org/. Accessed 15 Apr 2019
- 12.PETSc – library for lineat system solving. https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/. Accessed 15 Apr 2019
- 14.CGAL – The Computational Geometry Algorithms Library. https://cgal.org/. Accessed 15 Apr 2019
- 15.ParMETIS – Parallel Graph Partitioning and Fill-reducing Matrix Ordering. http://glaros.dtc.umn.edu/gkhome/metis/parmetis/overview
- 16.INM RAS cluster. http://cluster2.inm.ras.ru/. Accessed 15 Apr 2019