Design and Evaluation of Micro-class Based on WeChat Public Platform
Vocational education, as an important part of Chinese education system, possesses great demands for informatization in teaching, learning and creative exploring, which meanwhile enjoys great prospects. How to develop informatization in vocational education has become one of the issues that must be solved in current Chinese education system. Taking the course of Mother and Baby Caregiver in vocational education and training as an example, this paper analyzes and summarizes characteristics of adult learners and learners who participate in vocational training based on the adult learning theory from the aspects of learners’ background and their psychology. Modular teaching and participatory teaching methods are adopted to prepare for the content and resources for these micro-courses, of which recording, editing, releasing and testing are operated. Finally, this paper explores the learning effects of micro-learning courses from three aspects with the method of comparative analysis: micro-teaching design, micro-class learning effects and micro-teaching experience. Feedback on micro-courses from questionnaires and interviews of students and teachers are well collected to improve the study.
KeywordsMicro-course Curriculum design Vocational education Course evaluation
- 1.Xi, D.: The New Era of Vocational Education: new goals leading the new role——a summary of the national vocational education and continuing education work promotion conference. Chinese Vocat. Tech. Educ. 1, 9–15 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, M., Sun, Y., Manqian, C.: The application practice and prospect of the development of english micro-curriculum resources in higher vocational colleges. J. Harbin Vocat. Techn. College 3, 53–55 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Shiqing, H., Wen, C.: Analysis of the status quo and trend of micro-curricular research in China. Distance Educ. China 8, 46–53 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Liang, X., Luo, J.: Micro-lesson design: a typical learning activity to develop pre-service mathematics teachers’ TPACK framework. In: Educational Innovation Through Technology (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Sun, G., Lang, F., Xue, Y.: Chinese chunking method based on conditional random fields and semantic classes. J. Harbin Inst. Technol. 43(7), 135–139 (2011)Google Scholar