Heat Transfer Analysis in the Strapdown Inertial Unit of the Navigation System
This paper proposes an approach to modeling the temperature field of astrapdown inertial unit that is part of an inertial navigation system based on fiberopticgyroscopes. A design scheme, a mathematical and finite element model forcalculating the temperature field for the strapdown inertial unit has been developed.Results of numerical simulations including the effect of changes in external temperatureon the temperature field in the device and temperature gradients at specifiedpoints of the device are presented.
KeywordsStrapdown inertial unit Navigation system Heat transfer Temperature gradients
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Breslavsky D, Pogorelov S, Schastlivets K, Batyrev B, Kuznetsov Y, Oleynik S (2012) Development of method to determine temperatur gradients in fiber-optic gyroscope OIUS501. Mechanika ta Mashinobuduvannya (1):90–101, (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Diesel JW, Dunn GP (1996) Method for in-field updating of the gyro thermal calibration of an intertial navigation system. US Patent 5,527,003Google Scholar
- Naumenko K, Altenbach H (2016) Modeling High Temperature Materials Behavior for Structural Analysis: Part I: Continuum Mechanics Foundations and Constitutive Models, Advanced Structured Materials, vol 28. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Nellis G, Klein S (2009) Heat Transfer. Cambridge University PressGoogle Scholar
- Pogorelov S, Schastlivets K (2005) Refinement of the computational model of a ring laser gyroscope based on experimental data. Vestnik NTU KhPI (47):153–158,(in Russian)Google Scholar
- Shan WXM (2009) Nonlinearity of temperature and scale factor modeling and compensating of FOG. Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics 25:28–31Google Scholar