Optical Fiber Pressure Sensor Based on Corrugated Diaphragm Structure
Aiming at the current pressure monitoring requirement in the energy and chemical industry, combined with the principle of fiber double grating sensing, a fiber optic pressure sensor is designed and developed to meet practical engineering applications. Using corrugated diaphragm pressure sensor structure, the sensor monitoring sensitivity is improved, reducing the monitoring error caused by pressure multi-stage conduction and material expansion and contraction of the traditional diaphragm pressure sensor, and improving the overall stability of the sensor. At the same time, the sensor adopts double grating temperature compensation model, which solves the cross-sensitivity of temperature to pressure measurement and realizes temperature self-compensation of pressure measurement. The experimental results show that the sensor monitoring sensitivity is 0.078 kPa/pm, the monitoring error is \( < \)0.5 kPa, and it has good linearity and long-term reliability. It is especially suitable for pressure monitoring of flammable and explosive environments such as petroleum, coal and chemical industry, and has good application prospects.
KeywordsFiber Bragg grating Pressure sensor Corrugated diaphragm Linearity Reliability
This work was financially supported by Shandong key research and development plan (2017GSF20102) and Shandong Natural Science Foundation (ZR2016QZ006).
- 1.Jun, H.: Development and Application of Fiber Bragg Grating. Master’s Degree Thesis of Wuhan University of Technology (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, L., Zhu, J., Li, Z., Wang, M.: Optical fiber fabry-perot pressure sensor using corrugated diaphragm. Acta Optica Sinica 36(3), 0306002 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Y., Wang, M., Ni, X., Xia, W.: An optical fiber MEMS pressure sensor using microwave photonics filtering technique. In: 25th International Conference on Optical Fiber Sensors, p. 1032368 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Liao, Y.: Optical Fiber of Light, pp. 197–202. Tsinghua University, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Fu, T.: Research on FBG Pressure Sensor With Temperature Compensation. Master’s Degree Thesis of Chengdu University of Electronic Science and Technology (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, X., Zhang, B., Yao, J., Hu, J.: Theoretical analyses on parameter option of a pressure fiber sensor. Chin. J. Sens. Actuators 1, 133–135 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Tan, B.: A high sensitivity fiber grating pressure sensor. J. Optoelectron. Laser 23(11), 2012–2105 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Gao, Y., Liu, C., Mu, H.: Pressure response of fiber Bragg grating based on plate diaphragm and equal-strength cantilever. Opt. Instrum. 36(4), 333–336 (2014)Google Scholar