A Novel Smart Grid Model for Efficient Resources
It is a key issue to efficiently manage resources in the smart grid (SG) network that is a dynamic distributed grid, in which the production, storage and users of electricity will work together under specific control. Therefore, in such network an important challenge is how to achieve unified control of distributed equipment on coordinating generators and users distributed in different geographical locations. This paper proposes an innovation model that is the edge computing nodes can be used to collect, compute, and store data while the edge computing nodes are being connected via peer-to-peer. By this way, the peered edge devices can communicate with each other after data processing. The experimental results of the proposed model show that there is a significant improvement to energy resources management due to the abilities of real time control. As results, the economic cost is decreased while the utilization of renewable energy is increased.
KeywordsSmart grid Edge computing Peer-to-peer
This work was supported by National major R&D program (2018YFB0904900 and 2018YFB0904905).
- 1.Brown, R.E.: Impact of smart grid on distribution system design. In: IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting - Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, pp. 1–4 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Okay, F.Y., Ozdemir, S.: A fog computing based smart grid model. In: 2016 International Symposium on Networks, Computers and Communications (ISNCC), Yasmine Hammamet, pp. 1–6 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Zahoor, S., Javaid, N., Khan, A., Ruqia, B., Muhammad, F.J., Zahid, M.: A cloud-fog-based smart grid model for efficient resource utilization. In: 14th International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), Limassol, pp. 1154–1160 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Xie, Y.P., Jiang, Y.X., Wu, J.S., Wen, H., et al.: Three-layers secure access control for cloud-based smart grids. In: IEEE VTC 2015-Fall, September 2015Google Scholar
- 7.Xie, Y.P., Jiang, Y.X., Liao, R.F., Wen, H., et al.: A hierarchical key management system applied in cloud-based smart grid. In: IEEE ICCC 2015, November 2015Google Scholar
- 8.Xie, Y.P., Jiang, Y.X., Liao, R.F., Wen, H., et al.: User privacy protection for cloud computing based smart grid. In: IEEE ICCC 2015, November 2015Google Scholar
- 9.Han, Q.Y., Wen, H., Ma, T., Wu, B.: Self-nominating trust model based on hierarchical fuzzy systems for peer-to-peer networks. In: 2014 IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China, Shanghai, pp. 199–204 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Han, Q.Y., Wen, H., Wu, J.S., Ren, M.Y.: Rumor spreading and security monitoring in complex networks. In: The 4th International Conference on Computational Social Networks (CSoNet), pp. 48–59 (2015)Google Scholar