On Statistical Method-Based Information System for Decision Support of Municipalities
- 8 Downloads
The presented contribution is a description of the first output from a project and describes a software solution architecture of performance management tool for public sector economy. The contribution defines functional and system requirements and their technological implementation, data integration procedures, and design and creation of a database consisting of available public sector databases. The project team uses a multidisciplinary approach – a mix of methods of economics, operational research, and information technology (IT). The subject of goals in this research project is a description of the current state of research in the field of application of nonparametric statistical methods (DEA, FDH) for analysis, developing a software tool and comparison of municipal efficiency with it. The project research outputs can be identified with the creation of the information system (IS) which consists of software application together with efficiency analysis methodology. The next aim is to create a web application as support of processes is defined by the methodology of analysis which can serve as support tool for easy use by potential users. The statistical algorithms DEA and FDH are the output of a team of economists–statisticians and are ported to the back-end of the web application by being delivered to a team responsible for developing a software application in the form of functions written in R along with a validation set of data.
KeywordsDecision system Public information system DEA and FDH statistical algorithms
- 4.Eurostat. (2016). [Online]. [Cited: 07 15, 2017]. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/government-finance-statistics/overview.
- 6.Gála, L., Šedivá, Z., & Pour, J. (2016). Počítačové aplikace v podnikové a mezipodnikové praxi – 3., aktualizované vydání (p. 2016). Praha: Grada.Google Scholar
- 7.Hamerníkova, B. (2018). Application of nonparametric methods (DEA, FDH) to analyse and to compare the efficiency of municipalities. Project proposal TL01000463, 02/2018 – 01/2021. s.l.: TAČR, Technological Agentury of Czech Republic, program ETA, 2018.Google Scholar
- 9.Lunter, J. (2018). Co je a co není informační systém verejné správy. [Online]. [Cited: 5 19, 2019]. http://www.mvcr.cz/soubor/co-je-a-co-neni-isvs.aspx.
- 11.Perpiňa-Narbon, I., & De Witte, K. (2017). Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part 1, Part 2. International Transaction in Operational Research, 00, 01, 1–38, 1–30.Google Scholar
- 12.Šťastná, L., & Gregor, M. (2011). Local government efficiency: Evidence from the Czech. IES Working Paper. Vol. 14.Google Scholar
- 13.Zákon 365/2000, Zb. (2000). Zákon o informačních systémech verejnej správy. [Online]. [Cited: 5 19, 2019]. http://www.mvcr.cz/clanek/legislativa-zakon-c-365-2000-sb-o-informacnich-systemech-verejne-spravy.aspx.