A Distributed Multi-Agent System (MAS) Application For continuous and Integrated Big Data Processing
With the advent of Ambient Intelligence (AmI) as an inter-disciplinary methodology which ranges from Ubiquitous and Pervasive computing to Artificial Intelligence with the final aim to create a sensitive and responsive environment, the focus is moving towards integrated solutions of the encompassed technologies. Multi-Agent System (MAS) approach, characterized by a set of autonomous intelligent agents which can cooperate in order to achieve a common goal, can help the development of AmI integrated solutions. In this paper, we present a distributed MAS environment, Multi-Agent Specialized system (MASs), which supports the development of integrated AmI solutions. An application scenario considering the case of continuous Big Data processing is shown.
KeywordsMulti-Agent system Distributed system Big Data Processing.
Funding/Support: This work was supported by the Horizon 2020-PON 2014/2020 project B.4.M.A.S.S “Big Data for Multi-Agent Specialized System”.
Contribution: The MASs environment has been developed by Ingegneria dei Sistemi Department, Network Contacts, Molfetta, Italy.
- 1.The foundation for intelligent agent. http://www.fipa.org/repository/standardspecs.html
- 3.Belghache, E., Georgé, J.P., Gleizes, M.P.: Towards an adaptive multi-agent system for dynamic big data analytics. In: 2016 International IEEE Conferences on Ubiquitous Intelligence & Computing (UIC/ATC/ScalCom/CBDCom/IoP/SmartWorld), pp. 753–758. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Di Marzo Serugendo, G., Gleizes, M.P., Karageorgos, A.: Self-organising software: from natural to artificial adaptation (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Marz, N., Warren, J.: Big Data: Principles and Best Practices of Scalable Real-time Data Systems. Manning Publications Co., New York (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Morrelli Massimiliano, C.M.: Nuova frontiera della classificazione testuale: big data e calcolo distribuito, pp. 1–20 (2019)Google Scholar
- 14.Piette, F., Caval, C., Dinont, C., Seghrouchni, A.E.F., Taillibert, P.: A multi-agent approach for the deployment of distributed applications in smart environments. Intelligent Distributed Computing X. SCI, vol. 678, pp. 37–46. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-48829-5_4CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Twardowski, B., Ryzko, D.: Multi-agent architecture for real-time big data processing. In: 2014 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conferences on Web Intelligence (WI) and Intelligent Agent Technologies (IAT), vol. 3, pp. 333–337. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 19.Zoumpatianos, K., Palpanas, T.: Data series management: Fulfilling the need for big sequence analytics. In: 2018 IEEE 34th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), pp. 1677–1678. IEEE (2018)Google Scholar