Hybrid Analog and Digital Beamforming for SU-MIMO Frameworks
The analog and digital beamforming performing in hybrid manner that is by superimposing them altogether is the most appropriate scheme for MIMO systems to attain better performance. By utilizing this procedure the framework can lessen the equipment multifaceted nature, power consumption and can increase the spectral efficiency with a few number of RF chains. What’s more, interestingly, it’s general execution is the same as that of a hybrid beamformer’s structure. In this paper the hybrid beamforming structure for mm Wave frameworks with OFDM modulation is performed. That must be accomplished for the instance of single-user multiple-input multiple output framework, the hybrid beamforming architecture were implemented on its transmitter and receiver, and observe the results. That was the proposed idea. For this phase, there is only the transmitter portion of the proposed system is implemented. Expected result is the power spectrum of the transmitted signal. The generation of power spectrum to the hybrid beamforming is based on an analog steering vector designed under certain constraints. Only transmitted portion that is the inverse beamforming is done over here for this phase.
KeywordsMillimeter waves Beamforming MIMO-OFDM Large-scale antenna arrays Precoding Steering vector ULA
- 4.Kong, L., Han, S., Yang, C.: Wideband hybrid precoder for massive MIMO systems. In: Proceedings of IEEE Global Conference Signal Information Processing (GlobalSIP), December 2015Google Scholar
- 7.Sohrabi, F., Yu, W.: Hybrid beamforming with finite-resolution phase shifters for large-scale MIMO systems. In: Proceedings of IEEE Workshop Signal Process. Advanced Wireless Communication (SPAWC), Stockholm, Sweden, June 2015Google Scholar
- 8.Pi, Z.: Optimal transmitter beamforming with per-antenna power constraints. In: IEEE International Conference Communications (ICC), Ottawa, Canada, pp. 3779–3784 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Cheung, C., Cheng, R.S.: Adaptive modulation in frequency spreading OFDM system with low transmit power spectral density constraint. In: Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications Networking Conference (WCNC), Hong Kong, March 2007, pp. 1433–1438 (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.El Ayach, O., Heath Jr., R.W., Abu-Surra, S., Rajagopal, S., Pi, Z.: The capacity optimality of beam steering in large millimeter wave MIMO systems. In: Proceedings of IEEE Workshop Signal Processing, Advances Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Cesme, Turkey, pp. 100–104, June 2012Google Scholar