Image Processing Based Intelligent Traffic Controlling and Monitoring System Using Internet of Things
In recent years, smart control and management system plays an essential role in our day-to-day life. In this populated world, the smart management of traffic on highways, railways, and subway town is still remaining as a tedious task. This arises the need for developing a smart control and monitoring models for traffic management. With this requirement, the proposed systems uses the image processing model to observe the traffic in the roadways and communicates the information through an efficient IoT network. Furthermore, the proposed model has delivered a stable output, when compared with other existing traffic control systems.
KeywordsTraffic management system Solar energy system Internet of things Crowd management Real-time image processing
We thank our guide Prof Dr M. SANKAR who supported to develop this project work and also our collage AMGOI Kolhapur.
- 1.Iszaidy, I., Ngadiran, R., Ahmad, R.B., Jais, M.I., Shuhaizar, D.: Implementation of raspberry Pi for vehicle tracking and travel time information system: a survey. In: 2016 International Conference on Robotics, Automation and Sciences (ICORAS), 09 March 2017 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/icoras.2016.7872605
- 2.Dangi, M.V., Parab, A.: Image processing based intelligent traffic controller. Undergrad. Acad. Res. J. (UARJ) 1(1), 13–17 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Tubaishat, J.M., Shang, Y., Shi, H.: Adaptive traffic light control with wireless sensor networks. Department of Computer Science University of Missouri – Columbia, MO. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Gradinescu, V., Gorgorin, C., Diaconescu, R., Cristea, V.: Adaptive traffic lights using car-to-car communication. “Politehnica” University Bucharest, Computer Science Department, BucharestGoogle Scholar
- 5.Nagmode, V.S., Rajbhoj, S.M.: An IoT platform for vehicle traffic monitoring system and controlling system based on priority. Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering for Women, Pune, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Dorle, S.S., Patel, P.L., Raisoni, G.H.: Design approach for dynamic traffic control system based on radio propagation model in VANETGoogle Scholar
- 7.Youseph, K.M., Al-Karaki, J.N., Shatnawi, A.M.: Intelligent traffic light flow control system using wireless sensors networks, Department of Computer Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, JordanGoogle Scholar
- 8.de Charette, R., Nashashibi, F.: Traffic light recognition using Image processing compared to learning processesGoogle Scholar
- 9.Panjwani, M., Tyagi, N., Shalini, D., Venkata Lakshmi Narayana, K.: Smart traffic control using ımage processingGoogle Scholar
- 11.Fathy, M., Siyal, M.Y.: An image detection technique based on morphological edge detection and background differencing for real time traffic analysisGoogle Scholar