Dynamic Multi-Agent Systems: Conceptual Framework, Automata-Based Modelling and Verification
We study dynamic multi-agent systems (dmass). These are multi-agent systems with explicitly dynamic features, where agents can join and leave the system during the evolution. We propose a general conceptual framework for modelling such dmass and argue that it can adequately capture a variety of important and representative cases. We then present a concrete modelling framework for a large class of dmass, composed in a modular way from agents specified by means of automata-based representations. We develop generic algorithms implementing the dynamic behaviour, namely addition and removal of agents in such systems. Lastly, we state and discuss several formal verification tasks that are specific for dmass and propose general algorithmic solutions for the class of automata representable dmass.
The work of Valentin Goranko and Riccardo De Masellis was supported by a research grant 2015-04388 of the Swedish Research Council.
We thank the reviewers for some helpful comments and suggestions.
- 2.Bulling, N., Goranko, V., Jamroga, W.: Logics for reasoning about strategic abilities in multi-player games. In: Models of Strategic Reasoning: Logics, Games, and Communities, pp. 93–136 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.De Giacomo, G., Vardi, M., Felli, P., Alechina, N., Logan, B.: Synthesis of orchestrations of transducers for manufacturing. In: Proceedings of the AAAI 2018, pp. 6161–6168 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.De Masellis, R., Goranko, V.: Logic-based specification and verification of homogeneous dynamic multi-agent systems. arXiv:1905.00810 [cs.LO] (2019)
- 5.Esparza, J., Ganty, P., Leroux, J., Majumdar, R.: Model checking population protocols. In: 36th IARCS Annual Conference on FSTTCS, pp. 27:1–27:14 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Jamroga, W., Ågotnes, T.: Modular interpreted systems. In: Proceedings of AAMAS, pp. 131:1–131:8. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Kouvaros, P., Lomuscio, A., Pirovano, E., Punchihewa, H.: Formal verification of open multi-agent systems. In: Proceedings of AAMAS 2019, pp. 179–187 (2019)Google Scholar