Lonely and Desperate Men-of-the-City
A presentation of three major and classic novels, all important inspiration for Miller: Dostoevsky: Notes from Underground, Hamsun: Hunger and Strindberg: Inferno.
A thorough analysis of the last two.
- Bloshteyn, Maria, 2007, The Making of a Counter-Culture Icon: Henry Miller’s Dostoevsky, Toronto, Toronto University PressGoogle Scholar
- Dostoevsky, Fyodor, 1972 (1863), Notes From Underground, Transl. by Jessie Coulson, London, PenguinGoogle Scholar
- Hamsun, Knut, 1890, Hunger, Transl. by George Egerton (undated), Los Angeles, Sugar Skull PressGoogle Scholar
- Morrison, Mark S., 2007, Modern Alchemy, Occultism and the Emergence of Atomic Theory, Oxford, Oxford University PressGoogle Scholar
- Strindberg, August, 2015 (1897), Inferno, Transl. and published by McAllister Editions, UKGoogle Scholar
© The Author(s) 2019