Ubiquitous Platform as a Service for Large-Scale Ubiquitous Applications Cloud-Based
Ubiquitous computing have many challenges including the limitation of multi-domain, intensive mobility of users, the lack of a uniform namespace limited resources, lack of scalability, intensive applications… all of this leads researchers to provide ubiquitous hybrid architectures that are typically cloud- based. In this article, we propose a cloud-based ubiquitous application platform, Leveraging the potential of cloud computing in supporting large-scale ubiquitous computing applications.
The principal goal of this architecture is to remove the limitations on pure ubiquitous architectures. Indeed, two categories of services are presented in this architecture, the first one based on the distance between requesting and responding entities, and the second one based on the nature of services, both of which are independent of the type of application.
KeywordsUbiquitous computing Cloud-based Services Pervasive computing Ubiquitous cloud computing
- 1.Li, F., Dustdar, S., Bardram, J., Serrano, M., Hauswirth, M., Andrikopoulos, V., Leymann, F.: EUPaaS-elastic ubiquitous platform as a service for large-scale ubiquitous applicationsGoogle Scholar
- 6.da Rocha, R.C.A., Endler, M.: Domain-based context management for dynamic and evolutionary environments. In: 4th Middleware Doctoral Symposium, p. 16. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Hingne, V., Joshi, A., Finin, T., Kargupta, H., Houstis, E.: Towards a pervasive grid. In: International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, p. 8. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Al Ali, R., Gerostathopoulos, I., Gonzalez-Herrera, I., Juan- Verdejo, A., Kit, M., Surajbali, B.: An architecture-based approach for compute-intensive pervasive systems in dynamic environments. In: 2nd International Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Service Scalability, p. 3. ACM (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Van der Merwe, J., Ramakrishnan, K.K., Fairchild, M., Flavel, A., Houle, J., Lagar-Cavilla, H.A., Mulligan, J.: Towards a ubiquitous cloud computing infrastructure. In: 17th IEEE Workshop on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks (LANMAN), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.High Availability Campus Network Design - Routed Access Layer using EIGRP, Cisco Validated Design II. http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns431/c649/ccmigration_09186a00808f6c34.pdf