The Evaluation of Changes in Camber Position to Deflection of Arch Steel Bridge in Extreme Loads
Visualization of the camber position, which has a negative value on the steel frame arch bridge causes user inconvenience and can even lead to a collapse hazard. Siak III Bridge is a national steel frame arch bridge as access between Pekanbaru City and other cities in Sumatra. Based on visual observations, the camber position has a negative value. Monitoring in the form of direct measurement of the bridge center coordinates using a total station tool to show that the camber decreases from the proper condition of the bridge coordinates. Purpose of this study to evaluating the performance bridge structure due to the combination load during the service life of the structure. Therefore, the methodology carried out was to analyze the performance of the bridge based on the model adopted from the 3D bridge and focused on bridge deflection. The analysis is carried out to estimate the deflection ratio of the bridge due to the load and to obtain critical conditions of the bridge structure. The deflection study uses Finite elements with SAP 2000 software. The results showed that based on the maximum deflection value caused by loading (SNI) T-02-2016 the condition of the actual bridge model was −196,470 mm at the ultimate load conditions and −185,731 mm under service load conditions. This result is still below the maximum allowable deflection (L/800) of 200 mm. the benefits of this research can be an input for the government and parties related to bridge inspection in providing appropriate assessments for maintenance, repair, and improvement of bridge functions.
KeywordsDeflection Negative camber Arch steel bridge Bridge evaluation
Gratitude to the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of Indonesia Grant for Higher Education Cooperation Year 2019–2020, Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing Indonesia and Civil Engineering Study Program at Lancang Kuning University.
- 1.Apriani W (2018) ‘Penilaian Jembatan Rangka Baja Transfield Australia Dengan Metode Fracture Critical Member (Studi Kasus : Jembatan Siak 2 Pekanbaru)’, (September), 18–19Google Scholar
- 2.BMS, T (1993) Bridge management system, 1Google Scholar
- 3.BSN (2015) Tata Cara Perancangan Sturktur BajaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Nasional BS (2016) SNI 1725-2016 Pembebanan untuk jembatanGoogle Scholar
- 7.Republic C (2019) Damage investigation of pre-stressed cables in segmental box girder damage investigation of pre-stressed cables in segmental box girder concrete bridge ev. no. 324–018 in Pardubice, Czech Republic, 324:0–7Google Scholar
- 8.Suryanita R, Adnan A (2013) ‘Application of neural networks in bridge health prediction based on acceleration and displacement data domain application of neural networks in bridge health prediction based on acceleration and displacement data domain, 1:4–9Google Scholar