Development of a Secure Web-Based Cloud Storage System Using 3D-AES Block Cipher Cryptography Algorithm
The objective of this paper is to provide users a place to store their files securely in cloud storage which can be accessed anywhere via internet connection. This paper is highlighted the design and develop secure web-based cloud storage system using 3D-AES block cipher algorithm and the measure the security level of document data develop using 3D-AES block cipher by bit error rate analysis. The data integrity of the file stored is protected, as it is encrypted using 3D-AES block cipher cryptography algorithm, which is an advanced technique that further adds security layers to an already prominent encryption algorithm, AES. Data will be secured before start of upload using encryption technique insuring data integrity through the network and on the cloud storage itself. Besides that, data stored on the server provides a level of authority on who can access it because the cipher key used for the encryption is process is the user’s uniquely generated id. Bit error rate analysis on this research project will evaluate the level of security provided by 3D-AES Block Cipher algorithm in terms of effectiveness in mitigating potential block cipher attacks. The outcomes from this paper affords insights to cutting-edge protection implementation and their vulnerabilities, as well as future enhancements that may be made to further solidify cloud storage solutions.
KeywordsCloud storage Cloud security 3D-AES Block cipher Cryptography
This work is supported by the Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) provided by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia, under the Grant Number FRGS/1/2015/ICT03/ UiTM/02/6.
- 2.Adnan, N.A.N., Ariffin, S.: Big data security in the web-based cloud storage system using 3D-AES block cipher cryptography algorithm. In: Yap, B., Mohamed, A., Berry, M. (eds.) Soft Computing in Data Science. SCDS 2018. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 937. Springer, Singapore (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Kumar, A., Lee, B.G., Lee, H., Kumari, A.: Secure storage and access of data in cloud computing. In: International Conference ICT Convergence (ICTC), pp. 336–339 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, D., Zhao, H.: Data security and privacy protection issues in cloud computing. In: International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering, vol. 1, pp. 647–651 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Arockiam, L., Monikandan, S.: Data security and privacy in cloud storage using hybrid symmetric encryption algorithm. Int. J. Adv. Res. Comput. Commun. Eng. 2(8), 3064–3070 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Cryptography. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/cryptography. Accessed 26 Mar 2018
- 8.Kale, N.A., Natikar, S.B., Karande, S.M.: Secured mobile messaging for Android application (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhou, M., Zhang, R., Xie, W., Qian, W., Zhou, A.: Security and privacy in cloud computing: a survey. In: 2010 Sixth International Conference on Semantics Knowledge and Grid (SKG), pp. 105–112 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Ariffin, S., Mahmod, R., Rahmat, R., Idris, N.A.: SMS encryption using 3D-AES block cipher on android message application. In: 2013 International Conference Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies (ACSAT), pp. 310–314 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Ariffin, S., Hisan, N.A.M., Arshad, S., Bakar, S.H.S.A.: Square and boomerang attacks analysis of diffusion property of 3D-AES block cipher. In: 12th 2016 International Conference Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD), pp. 862–867 (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Ariffin, S., Yusof, N.A.M.: Randomness analysis on 3D-AES block cipher. In: 2017 13th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD), pp. 331–335. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar