A Feature-Based Hybrid Medical Image Watermarking Algorithm Based on SURF-DCT
Researching digital watermarking algorithms with better transparency and robustness is essential for protecting the copyright of medical images. Security issues in medical images are increasing day to day with the increase of health data all around the globe. This paper proposed a new algorithm image-based zero-watermarking using SURF-DCT perceptual hashing (Speeded Up Robust Features and Discrete Cosine Transform). Firstly, by using the SURF features of the medical image are taken to perform watermark embedding and extraction. Then by using perceptual hashing and quantization to generate hashing sequences to capture semi-global geometric characteristics. Next, used chaotic maps to encrypt the watermarking and embed it in the medical image after extracting the final features which are used as a hash value. Finally, the correlation coefficient is used to measure the performance of the proposed algorithm with other algorithms against the embedded and extracted watermarking sequences. The experimental results show that the proposed algorithm is robust to many attacks such as clipping, JPEG compression, and filtering. It also has good resistance to attacks such as rotation and noise.
KeywordsSpeeded Up Robust Features (SURF) Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) Feature extraction Hashing image sequence Zero watermarking
This work is supported by the Key Reach Project of Hainan Province (ZDYF2018129), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61762033), and the National Natural Science Foundation of Hainan (617048, 2018CXTD333).
- 4.Suaib, N.M., Marhaban, M. H., Saripan, M.I., Ahmad, S.A.: Performance evaluation of feature detection and feature matching for stereo visual odometry using SIFT and SURF. In: 2014 IEEE Region 10 Symposium, April 2014Google Scholar
- 6.Manu, V.T., Mehtre, B.M.: Detection of copy-move forgery in images using segmentation and SURF. In: Advances in Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems, pp. 645–654. Springer, Cham (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Shivakumar, B.L., Baboo, S.S.: Detection of region duplication forgery in digital images using SURF. Int. J. Comput. Sci. Issues (IJCSI) 8(4), 199 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Cedillo-Hernandez, M., et al.: Robust object-based watermarking using SURF feature matching and DFT domain. Radioengineering 22(4), 1057–1071 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, F., Liu, Y.: A watermarking algorithm for digital image based on DCT and SVD. In: 2008 Congress on Image and Signal Processing, vol. 1. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Sverdlov, A., Dexter, S., Eskicioglu, A.M.: Robust DCT-SVD domain image watermarking for copyright protection: embedding data in all frequencies. In: 2005 13th European Signal Processing Conference. IEEE (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.Agrwal, S.L., et al.: Improved invisible watermarking technique using IWT-DCT. In: 2016 5th International Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (Trends and Future Directions)(ICRITO). IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 18.Xu, B., Wang, J., Liu, G., Dai, Y.: Image copy-move forgery detection based on SURF. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking and Security (MINES), pp. 889–892 (2010)Google Scholar
- 24.Ece, C., Mullana, M.M.U.: Image quality assessment techniques pn spatial domain. IJCST 2(3), 177 (2011)Google Scholar