X-Architecture Steiner Minimal Tree Construction Based on Discrete Differential Evolution
As the best connection model for the multi-pin net of the non-Manhattan architecture global routing problem, the X-architecture Steiner Minimum Tree (XSMT) construction is a Non-deterministic Polynomial hard (NP-hard) problem. The Differential Evolution (DE) algorithm has shown good application effect in solving various NP-hard problems. For this reason, based on the idea of DE algorithm, this paper proposes an XSMT construction algorithm for solving this problem. First of all, because the traditional DE algorithm is designed for continuous problems, the optimization ability is limited in solving discrete problems. This paper proposes a novel crossover operator and mutation operator. At the same time, in order to maintain the effectiveness of the evolutionary algorithm, an Edge-to-Point coding strategy suitable for evolutionary algorithms is proposed to better preserve the optimal substructure of the population. Finally, in order to speed up the convergence speed and quality of the algorithm, this paper proposes an initial solution based on the minimum tree generation algorithm. Experiments show that the effectiveness of the proposed algorithm and related strategies can construct a high-quality XSMT solution.
KeywordsXSMT Routing VLSI Steiner minimal tree Different evolution
This work was partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61877010 and 11501114), and the Fujian Natural Science Funds (No.2019J01243).
- 3.Stroud, C.E., Wang, L.T., Chang, Y.W.: Chapter 1: Introduction. In: Ang, L.T., Chang, Y.W., Cheng, K.T., Electronic Design Automation: Synthesis, Verification, and Testing, pp. 1–38, Elsevier/Morgan Kaufmann (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, G.G., Chen, G.L., Guo, W.Z., et al.: DPSO-based rectilinear Steiner minimal tree construction considering bend reduction. In: Proceeding of the 7th International Conference on Natural Computation, pp. 1161–1165 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Coulston, C.S.: Constructing exact octagonal steiner minimal trees. In: Proceedings of the 13th ACM Great Lakes symposium on VLSI, pp. 1–6. ACM (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Chiang, C., Chiang, C.S.: Octilinear Steiner tree construction. In: The 2002 45th Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 1, pp. 1–603 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, G.G., Chen, G.L., Guo, W.Z.: DPSO based octagonal steiner tree algorithm for VLSI routing. In: Proceeding of the 5th International Conference on Advanced Computational Intelligence (ICACI2012), pp. 383–387 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, G.G., Huang, X., Guo, W.Z., et al.: Multilayer obstacle-avoiding X-architecture Steiner minimal tree construction based on particle swarm optimization. IEEE Trans. Cybern. 45(5), 989–1002 (2015)Google Scholar