Introduction: Paediatric Radiology
- 19 Downloads
Radiology as a specialty came into being due to a series of significant discoveries in the field of physics. A succession of innovators has taken novel scientific phenomena, and from them developed strategies to image the human body.
KeywordsX-ray Röntgen Ultrasound Computed tomography Magnetic resonance imaging Nuclear medicine ALARA
- Anger HO. A new instrument for mapping gamma-ray emitters. Biol Med Quart Rep. 1957;3653:38.Google Scholar
- Burrows EH. Pioneers and early years: history of British radiology. Alderney: Colophon; 1986.Google Scholar
- Coley BD. Caffey’s Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging. 13th ed. Elsevier; 2018.Google Scholar
- Rosenbusch G, Oudkerk M, Ammann E, Winter PF. Radiology in medical diagnostics: evolution of X-ray applications 1895–1995. Oxford: Blackwell Science; 1995.Google Scholar
- Rotch TM. Living anatomy and pathology: the diagnosis of diseases in early life by the roentgen method. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott; 1910.Google Scholar
- Slovis I. Caffey’s pediatric diagnostic imaging. 11th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2007.Google Scholar
- The Nobel Prize. Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen. Biographical. https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/physics/1901/rontgen/biographical/. Accessed 21 Oct 2018.
- The Nobel Prize. Godfrey N. Hounsfield. Biographical. https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/1979/hounsfield/auto-biography/. Accessed 21 Oct 2018.
© Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020