Research on Energy Efficiency in Wireless Powered Communication Network with User Cooperative Relay
A user collaborative relay wireless powered communication network (UCR-WPCN) is studied in this paper, where users can harvest energy from the dedicated power device, named hybrid access point (HAP), and then transmit the information to HAP. Our goal is to study the total energy efficiency (EE) maximization of users in UCR-WPCN via joint time allocation and power control while meeting minimum rate requirements. However, because this problem is a non-convex, it is difficult for us to solve it. Then, we can use fractional programming principle theory and variable substitution to convert it into a standard convex optimization problem. Finally, we proposed an efficient optimization iterative algorithm in order to find the optimal solution. The simulation results show that the UCR plan can improve the user’s information transmission rate and significantly improve the user’s total energy efficiency in the system, compared with the non-cooperative relay transmission scheme.
KeywordsWireless powered communication network Energy efficiency Harvesting energy Optimization iterative algorithm
This study was supported by Natural science foundation of xinjiang uygur autonomous region (2018D01C047).
- 3.Alsaba, Y., Rahim, S.K.A., Leow, C.Y.: Beamforming in wireless energy harvesting communications systems: a survey. IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutor. PP(99), 1 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Zungeru, A.M., Ang, L.M., Prabaharan, S.R.S., et al.: Radio frequency energy harvesting and management for wireless sensor networks. Eprint Arxiv (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Ghazanfari, A., Tabassum, H., Hossain, E.: Ambient RF energy harvesting in ultra-dense small cell networks: performance and trade-offs. IEEE Press (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Chu, Z., Zhou, F., Zhu, Z., et al.: Energy beamforming design and user cooperation for wireless powered communication networks. IEEE Wirel. Commun. Lett. PP(99), 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Di, X., Xiong, K., Fan, P., et al.: Optimal resource allocation in wireless powered communication networks with user cooperation. IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun. PP(99), 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.Chen, H., Xiao, L., Yang, D., et al.: User cooperation in wireless powered communication networks with a pricing mechanism. IEEE Access PP(99), 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.Kim, J., Lee, H., Song, C., et al.: Sum throughput maximization for multi-user MIMO cognitive wireless powered communication networks. IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun. PP(99), 1 (2017)Google Scholar