Dynamic Computing Resource Adjustment in Edge Computing Satellite Networks
The LEO constellation has been a valuable network framework due to its characteristics of wide coverage and low transmission delay. Utilizing LEO satellites as edge computing nodes to provide reliable computing services for accessing terminals will be the indispensable paradigm of integrated space-air-ground network. However, the design of resource division strategy in edge computing satellite (ECS) is not easy, considering different accessing planes and resource requirements of terminals. To address these problems, we establish the resource requirements model of various terminals. Meanwhile, the advanced K-means algorithm (AKG) is provided to realize ECS resource allocation. Then, a fleet-based adjustment (FBA) scheme is proposed to realize dynamic adjustment of resource for ECSs. Simulation results show that the proposed dynamic resource adjustment scheme is feasible and effective.
KeywordsEdge computing LEO satellite network Resource adjustment Space-air-ground network
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61571104), Sichuan Science and Technology Program (No. 2018JY0539), Key projects of the Sichuan Provincial Education Department (No. 18ZA0219), Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. ZYGX2017KYQD170), and Innovation Funding (No. 2018510007000134). The authors wish to thank the reviewers for their helpful comments.
- 7.Sinha, P.K., Dutta, A.: Multi-satellite task allocation algorithm for earth observation. In: Proceedings of TENCON 2016, pp. 403–408 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Jiang, D., Huo, L., Li, Y.: Fine-granularity inference and estimations to network traffic for SDN. PLoS ONE 13(5), 1–23 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Jiang, D., Huo, L., Lv, Z., et al.: A joint multi-criteria utility-based network selection approach for vehicle-to-infrastructure networking. IEEE Trans. Intell. Transp. Syst. PP(99), 1–15 (2018)Google Scholar
- 12.Jiang, D., Zhang, Y., Song, H., et al.: Intelligent optimization-based energy-efficient networking in cloud services for multimedia big data. In: Proceedings of IPCCC 2018, pp. 1–6 (2018)Google Scholar
- 13.Jiang, D., Huo, L., Song, H.: Understanding base stations’ behaviors and activities with big data analysis. In: Proceedings of Globecom 2018, pp. 1–7 (2018)Google Scholar