Mining Maximal Association Rules on Soft Sets Using Critical Relative Support Based Pruning
The paper proposes a modification of the Apriori algorithm called Maximal Association rules that combines the ability to mine rules that are lost in regular mining and the speed and efficient memory usage of the soft-set based scheme. Not only can this improve the efficiency without sacrificing a lot of accuracy but it also makes the Apriori Algorithm capable of handling uncertainty in data. Association rules were pruned on a soft set based information system using CRSthreshold. The combination was found useful especially in text mining.
KeywordsSoft sets Maximal support Critical relative support Association rule mining
- 1.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Fast algorithms for mining association rules in large databases. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, VLDB, Santiago, Chile, pp. 487–499, September 1994Google Scholar
- 6.Kanojiya, S.S., Tiwari, A.: A new soft set based association rule mining algorithm. TECHNIA–Int. J. Comput. Sci. Commun. Technol 6(2), 948 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Rahman, C.M., Sohel, F.A., Naushad, P., Kamruzzaman, S.M.: Text classification using the concept of association rule of data mining. CoRR, abs/1009.4582 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Rose, A.N.M., Awang, M.I., Hassan, H., Deris, M.M.: Comparison of techniques in solving incomplete datasets in softest. Int. J. Database Theory Appl. 4(3) (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Kanojiya, S.S., Tiwari, A.: A new soft set based association rule mining. Technia 6(2), 948 (2014). ISSN 0974-3375Google Scholar