Detection of Tuberculosis Using Active Contour Model Technique
Tuberculosis is a disease where it is being a great threat to human being. If this disease is not found earlier then it leads to death. Tuberculosis is found when TB rods are found in the sputum of the patient when viewed through a microscope which is a traditional method. To detect this disease faster and with good accuracy active contour model is applied on the sputum image so presence of tuberculosis is found. Then in the second phase mobile application is created and an message is sent to people regarding free checkup camp organized in rural area or tribal area.
KeywordsTuberculosis Sputum Microscope
- 2.Liao, X., Yuan, Z., Tong, Q., Zhao, J., Wang, Q.: Adaptive localised region and edge-based active contour model using shape constraint and sub-global information for uterine fibroid segmentation in ultrasound-guided HIFU therapy. IET Image Proc. 11(12), 1142–1151 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-ipr.2016.0651. www.ietdl.orgCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Zhao, Y., Rada, L., Chen, K., Harding, S.P., Zheng, Y.: Automated vessel segmentation using infinite perimeter active contour model with hybrid region information with application to retinal images. In: International Conference on Flexible Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing (2015). https://doi.org/10.1109/tmi.2015.2409024CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ufimtseva, E.G., Eremeeva, N.I., Petrunina, E.M., Umpeleva, T.V., Bayborodin, S.I., Vakhrusheva, D.V., Skornyakov, S.N.: Mycobacterium tuberculosis cording in alveolar macrophages of patients with pulmonary tuberculosis is likely associated with increased mycobacterial virulence. The Research Institute of Biochemistry, Federal Research Center of Fundamental and Translation (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tube.2018.07.001CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Rulaningtyas, R., Suksmono, A.B., Mengko, T.L.: Automatic classification of tuberculosis bacteria using neural network. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/iceei.2011.6021502
- 9.Brinkers, S., Dietrich, H.R., Stallinga, S., Mes, J.J., Young, I.T., Rieger, B.: Single molecule detection of tuberculosis nucleic acid using dark field tethered particle motion. In: IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/isbi.2010.5490227