Scientific and Methodological Foundations of an Innovative Company Management
Purpose: The purpose of the paper is to determine the scientific and methodological foundations of an innovative company management, determine the drawbacks in the existing Russian practice of management of innovative companies, and to develop recommendations for overcoming them in the interests of improving the existing practice.
Design/Methodology/Approach: For empirical purposes of the research, the authors analyze the statistics of the activities of modern Russian companies (by the example of industry, for which the most extensive statistical accounting is present) in 2018, in three directions of managing an innovative company: receipt of innovations, implementation of innovations into entrepreneurial processes, and taking innovative products to the market.
Findings: It is substantiates that the practice of managing innovative companies in modern Russia has a range of drawbacks, which cause disproportions in the process of commercialization of innovations and reduce innovative activity of entrepreneurship. For example, high level of the investment and risk load onto Russian companies in the process of implementation of innovative activities.
Originality/Value: For overcoming the determined drawbacks, the authors offer a perspective model of managing an innovative company in Russia, which has the following advantages: expanded investment provision of innovative activities due to usage of venture investments; reduced risk component of innovative activities due to moving the risks to suppliers of innovations; growth of investment activity of personnel due to higher motivation and stimulation; achievement of long-term (sustainable) competitive advantages due to production of essentially new products and marketing support for their sales.
KeywordsManagement Innovative company Competitive advantages Innovative development Modern Russia
JEL CodeG32 G34 D81 O31 O32 O33
- Bezrukova, T.L., Popova, E.V., Korda, N.I., Kuznetsova, T.E., Bezrukov, B.A.: Institutional traps of innovative and investment activities as an obstacle on the path to the well-balanced development of regions. Contributions to Economics (9783319606958), pp. 235–240 (2017)Google Scholar
- Butorin, S.N., Bogoviz, A.V.: The innovational and production approach to management of economic subjects of the agrarian sector. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 726, pp. 758–773 (2019)Google Scholar
- Chen, J., Lin, S., Meng, Z.: Enterprise technological innovation and market innovation of innovative management. Metall. Min. Ind. 7(9), 980–985 (2015)Google Scholar
- Morozova, I.A., Popkova, E.G., Litvinova, T.N.: Sustainable development of global entrepreneurship: infrastructure and perspectives. Int. Entrepr. Manag. J. 1–9 (2018)Google Scholar
- Ostrovskaya, V.N., Tyurina, Y.G., Konina, O.V., Przhedetskaya, N.V., Pupynina, E.G., Natsubidze, A.S.: Perspectives of elimination of “institutional gaps” in foreign economic activities of subjects of SME within the global crisis management. Contributions to Economics (9783319606958213218), 213–218 (2017)Google Scholar
- Sergi, B.S., Popkova, E.G., Bogoviz, A.V., Ragulina, J.V.: Entrepreneurship and economic growth: the experience of developed and developing countries. In: Entrepreneurship and Development in the 21st Century. Emerald publishing limited, pp. 3–32 (2019)Google Scholar
- Sibirskaya, E., Popkova, E., Oveshnikova, L., Tarasova, I.: Remote education vs traditional education based on effectiveness at the micro level and its connection to the level of development of macro-economic systems. Int. J. Educ. Manag. 33(3), 533–543 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEM-08-2018-0248CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Tekin, A.V., Konina, O.V.: The role of information and communication technologies in the process of strategic management of entrepreneurial structures activities: the budget and financial aspect. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 726, pp. 269–278 (2019)Google Scholar
- Vanchukhina, L.I., Leybert, T.B., Khalikova, E.A., Khalmetov, A.R.: New approaches to formation of innovational human capital as an element of institutional environment. Espacios 39, 22–32 (2018)Google Scholar
- WIPO. Global innovation index 2018 (2019). https://www.wipo.int/publications/en/details.jsp?id=4330. Accessed 09 May 2019
- Government of the Russian Federation. Strategy of innovative development of the Russian Federation until 2020, adopted by the Decree dated December 8, 2011, No. 2227-r (2019). https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/70006124/. Accessed 09 May 2019
- Federal State Statistics Service. Russia in numbers 2019 (2019). http://www.gks.ru/bgd/regl/b18_11/Main.htm. Accessed 09 May 2019