The Flagship University’s Model in Terms of Digitalization: The Case of Industrial University of Tyumen as a Center of Strategic Decisions in the Field of Smart-City, IoT/IIoT and Big Data
The authors seek to consider the concept and model of a digital university in this article. The Industrial University of Tyumen (IUT) activity is the case of current research resulting from the specifics of software and hardware solutions that allow implementing the strategic project of developing smart technologies. The main idea of the project is to make a center for initiatives to develop and implement solutions for the effective management of urban resources and the environment in the Tyumen region.
The objectives of the strategic project include: developing and implementing software and hardware solutions, organizing consulting, and examining regional projects for developing smart technologies. In addition, it helps to the IUT to form reputation as a leader in the areas of competence of Smart-City, IoT/IIoT and Big Data in the Tyumen region. Therefore, the IUT can be involved in the solutions the difficult tasks of effective city management by local communities and professionals. Moreover, the strategic project opens the ways to developing educational programs and project-based learning forming the specific skills in implementation of smart technologies.
KeywordsDigital university Transformation Stakeholders Supporting platforms Digital marketing Smart-technologies
JEL CodeI230 I250
- Scholl, H.J., Scholl, M.C.: Smart governance: a roadmap for research and practice. In: iConference 2014 Proceedings (2014)Google Scholar
- Kuznechov, E.B., Engovatova, A.A.: Universities 4.0: growing-points of knowledge economy in Russia. Innovation 5, 3–9 (2016)Google Scholar
- Kondakov, A.: Education in the era of the 4th industrial revolution, Vesti obrazovanija (2017)Google Scholar
- Barabanova, M.I., Trofimov, V.V., Trofimova, E.V.: Digital economy and university 4.0. J. Legal Econ. Res. 1, 178–184 (2018)Google Scholar
- Robinson, C.M.: Improvement in city life. Atlantic Monthly 83, 771 (1899)Google Scholar
- Belogolovskij, V.: Green house, Moscow, Tatlin, p. 198 (2009)Google Scholar
- Lezer, V., Muratova, I., Korpusova, N.: Issues of transport security and human factor (2019). https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/abs/2019/17/e3sconf_tpacee2019_08068/e3sconf_tpacee2019_08068.html
- Shabatura, L.N., Martseva, L.M., Tarasova, O.V., Yatsevich, O.E.: Strategy of the social state in early 21-st century Russia, Moscow, Sociological Studies, pp. 171–173 (2017)Google Scholar