Intellectual Production and Consumption: A New Reality of the 21st Century
Purpose: The purpose of the research is to develop a conceptual model of intellectual production and consumption.
Design/methodology/approach: For scientific substantiation of the necessity for a concept of intellectual production and consumption, the authors perform analysis of the existing experience of functioning of the Internet economy in Russia. Based on the accessible statistical information, the authors compile a generalized macro-economic added value chain of intellectual production and consumption in Russia in 2018.
Findings: It is determined that intellectual production and consumption are a new reality of the 21st century in the conditions of the Internet economy. Despite the existence of the technical opportunity for intellectual production and consumption with most of the population and entrepreneurial structures of Russia, less than 30% of economic subjects perform it. It confirms the necessity for a scientific concept of organization of this process, which will allow involving all potentially interested parties, most of which are not interested in it. At present, Russia is peculiar for implementation of separate (scattered) practices of intellectual production and consumption, which does not allow obtaining advantages from them in full – as, together with these practices, traditional (with low level of automatization) production and consumption are conducted.
Originality/value: It is substantiated that perspectives of development of the Internet economy are connected to ousting the traditional practices and mass dissemination of practices of intellectual production and consumption. This is stimulated by the developed conceptual model of intellectual production and consumption. It is to become a scientific and methodological platform for organization of production and distribution processes in the modern economy, thus reducing uncertainty and risk and increasing the attractiveness of intellectual production and consumption.
KeywordsIntellectual production Intellectual consumption AI Intellectual decision support Internet economy Russia
JEL CodeD11 D12 E23 L86 P46 O31 O32 O33
- Belkadi, F., Dhuieb, M.A., Aguado, J.V., Laroche, F., Bernard, A., Chinesta, F.: Intelligent assistant system as a context-aware decision-making support for the workers of the future. Comput. Ind. Eng. 2(1), 139–145 (2019)Google Scholar
- Bezrukova, T.L., Popova, E.V., Korda, N.I., Kuznetsova, T.E., Bezrukov, B.A.: Institutional traps of innovative and investment activities as an obstacle on the path to the well-balanced development of regions. Contrib. Econ. (9783319606958), 235–240 (2017)Google Scholar
- Chang, X., Dai, D.: Analysis on marketing combination and mode transformation under internet economy. J. Adv. Oxid. Technol. 21(2) (2018). 201804588Google Scholar
- Jemmali, M., Alharbi, M., Melhim, L.K.B.: Intelligent decision-making algorithm for supplier evaluation based on multi-criteria preferences. In: 1st International Conference on Computer Applications and Information Security, ICCAIS 2018 (2018). 8441992Google Scholar
- Muñoz, E., Capón-García, E.: Intelligent mathematical modelling agent for supporting decision-making at industry 4.0. Adv. Intell. Syst. Comput. 865, 152–162 (2019)Google Scholar
- Sergi, B.S., Popkova, E.G., Bogoviz, A.V., Ragulina, J.V.: Entrepreneurship and economic growth: the experience of developed and developing countries. In: Entrepreneurship and Development in the 21st Century, pp. 3–32. Emerald Publishing Limited (2019)Google Scholar
- Sibirskaya, E., Popkova, E., Oveshnikova, L., Tarasova, I.: Remote education vs traditional education based on effectiveness at the micro level and its connection to the level of development of macro-economic systems. Int. J. Educ. Manage. 33(3), 533–543 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEM-08-2018-0248CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sukhodolov, A.P., Popkova, E.G., Kuzlaeva, I.M.: Internet economy: existence from the point of view of micro-economic aspect. Stud. Comput. Intell. 714, 11–21 (2018a)Google Scholar
- Sukhodolov, A.P., Popkova, E.G., Kuzlaeva, I.M.: Modern foundations of internet economy. Stud. Comput. Intell. 714, 43–52 (2018b)Google Scholar
- Sukhodolov, A.P., Popkova, E.G., Kuzlaeva, I.M.: Perspectives of internet economy creation. Stud. Comput. Intell. 714, 23–41 (2018c)Google Scholar
- Vanchukhina, L.I., Leybert, T.B., Khalikova, E.A., Khalmetov, A.R.: New approaches to formation of innovational human capital as an element of institutional environment. Espacios 39, 22–32 (2018)Google Scholar
- Vidyasagar, S., Ghosh, M., Deka, D., Mondal, S.: Intellectual inverter for efficient unit consumption. J. Adv. Res. Dyn. Control Syst. 10(5), 427–431 (2018)Google Scholar
- Zhao, W., Wu, J., Shi, P., Wang, H.: Intelligent sensing and decision making in smart technologies. Int. J. Distrib. Sens. Netw. 14(11), 38–46 (2018)Google Scholar
- National Research University “Higher School of Economics” (2019). Digital economy: 2019. https://www.hse.ru/primarydata/ice2019kr. Accessed 24 May 2019