Methodological Approach to Analysis of Management Systems Using the Graph Theory in the Digital Economy
Relevance. In the context of formation of the digital economy and fierce competition. It is very important to introduce new effective approaches to improve enterprise management systems for business analysis of huge data flows. The aim of this research is to develop a methodological approach to the study of management systems of organizations with use of graph theory. Theoretical methods are used: description, analysis and synthesis, additive method, method of functional analysis, as well as combinatorial methods of theoretical and multiple analysis.
Results. On the basis of formalization of main characteristics and interrelations of organizational structure the system of indicators of balance, manageability, and stability of systems and integral criterion is proposed evaluation of management system effectiveness.
Discussion. Article offers ways and methods of using graphs in order to obtain new knowledge, generalization and deepening understanding of facts and theories in the field of development of organizational structures. The top of the graph is proposed to designate heads of organization and its subdivisions. In this case, edges of the graph will be management links of a management system.
Conclusion. Research of enterprise management systems with the use of developed methodical approach and estimation tools of graph theory will allow defining strategic directions of adjustment management decisions on formation of the organizational structure.
KeywordsManagement system Organizational structure Management Graph theory Management relations Delegation of authority
JEL CodeL250 M1
- Rényi, A.: On Random Graphs, p. 1959. Publ. Math, Debrecen (1959)Google Scholar
- Bratasanu, V.: Leadership decision-making processes in the context of data driven tools. Qual. Access Success 19(3), 77–87 (2018)Google Scholar
- Grochla, E., Szyperski, N., de Gruyter, W.: GmbH & Co KG, 3 December 2018Google Scholar
- Glamazdin, E.S., Zinchenkov, V.I.: Management structure the management company. J. Manag. Large Syst. 5, 152–157 (2011)Google Scholar
- Graicunas, V.: Relationship in organization. In: Gulick, L., Urwick, L. (eds.) Papers on the Science of Administration, pp. 181–189. Columbia University’s Institute of Public Administration, New York (1937)Google Scholar
- Johnson, M.P., Midgley, G., Wright, J., Cicero, G.: Operational research community: innovation, internationalization and development programs. Eur. J. Oper. Res. 268 (2018)Google Scholar
- König, D.: Theorie der endlichen und unendlichen Graphen. Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft, Leipzig (1936). First Textbook. Translated from German Richard McCoart, Theory Finite and Infinite Graphs, Birkhäuser (1990)Google Scholar
- Kuznetsov, V.P., Garina, E.P., Andryashina, N.S., Romanovskaya, E.V.: Models of Modern Information Economy Conceptual Contradictions and Practical Examples, 361 p. Emerald Publishing Limited (2018)Google Scholar
- Kuznetsov, V., Kornilov, D., Kolmykova, T., Garina, E., Garin, A.: A creative model of modern company management on the basis of semantic technologies. In: Communications in Computer and Information Science (2017)Google Scholar
- Nickols, F.W.: The span of control and the formulas of V.A. Graicunas. Paper presented at the NSPI Journal (2000). http://www.nickols.us/graicunas.htm. Accessed 12 Jan 2019
- Novikov, D.A.: Theory of control of organizational systems, p. 211. Moscow Psychology-Social Institute (2013)Google Scholar
- Surie, G.Ab., Singh, H.B.: A theory of the emergence of organizational form. The dynamics of cross-border knowledge production by Indian firms. Emergence Complex. Organ. 15, 37–75 (2013)Google Scholar
- Salov, A.G.: Analysis of the effectiveness of structures and management of energy enterprises. Working paper, Izvestiya vuzov. North Caucasus region. Technical Sciences, No. 1, pp. 32–37 (2008)Google Scholar
- Thulasiraman, K., Swamy, M.N.: Graphs: Theory and Algorithms, p. 480. Wiley, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- Zastupov, A.V.: Innovation activities of enterprises of the industrial sector in the conditions of economy digitalization. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 908, pp. 559–569 (2019)Google Scholar