Additional Strategies to Support Innovation
This last chapter, which concludes the present work, has been developed to complete the analysis on the management of corporate innovation.
Although the author identified governance as a crucial center and fundamental lever to reduce the techno–corporate gap, well aware of the difficulty of resolving the relevant issues of ownership and control or risk management related to investments, he considered it important to highlight the additional possible levers at a lower level—albeit important—that can make up for the lack of an adequate governance structure.
In addition to a careful assessment of the critical condition of development of spin-offs in Italy as a resource still to be encouraged, this chapter deals with banking foundations as possible venture capitalists for the development of the territory economy, the technical agreements with foreign companies, the joint ventures, and the business networks.
- ACRI (2017) Twenty-second report on foundations of banking origin – year 2016. Available at: http://www.acri.it/Article/PublicArticle/337/7764/ventiduesimo-rapporto-sulle-fondazioni-di-origine-bancaria%2D%2D-anno-2016
- ACRI (2018) Twenty-third report on foundations of banking origin – year 2017. Available at: https://www.acri.it/Articles/PublicArticle/389/annual-report
- AssoRetiPMI (2019) Update Reti. Available at: https://www.retipmi.it/news/3-aprile-2019-5347-contratti-di-rete-con-32223-imprese-inserite-update-assoretipmi-su-dati
- Bodega D, Cioccarelli G, Denicolai S, Vello PM (2009) Fondazioni di origine bancaria: innovazione e d evoluzione. Franco Angeli, MilanoGoogle Scholar
- Bodega D, Cioccarelli G, Denicolai S, Maruzzi L, Vello PM (2011) Managerialità delle fondazioni di origine bancaria. Franco Angeli, MilanoGoogle Scholar
- Corsico F, Messa P (2011) Da Frankenstein a principe azzurro. Le fondazioni bancarie fra passato e futuro. Marsilio Editori, VeneziaGoogle Scholar
- ERSTE (2019) Social innovation. Available at: http://www.erstestiftung.org/en/social-innovation/
- Formentin V (2015) Extracts from account books of Venetian merchants and bankers of the 13th century. Lingua e Stile, pp 25–62Google Scholar
- Harrigan KR (1986) Managing for joint venture success. Lexington Books, Lexington, MAGoogle Scholar
- InfoCamere (2019) Contratti di rete. Available at: http://contrattidirete.registroimprese.it/reti/
- Khanna T, Palepu KG (2010) Winning in emerging markets: a road map for strategy and execution. Harvard Business School, Boston, MAGoogle Scholar
- Mazzuccato M (2013) The entrepreneurial state: debunking public vs private sector myths. Antem Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Mazzuccato M (2018) The value of everything. Making and taking in the global economy. Allen Lane, Penguin Books-Random House, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Pastori G, Zagrebelsky G (2011) Fondazioni bancarie: una grande riforma da consolidare. Il Mulino, BolognaGoogle Scholar
- Rangone A (2012) Foundations of banking origin. Governance and normative profiles in the Italian context. Rom J Econ Inst Natl Econ 35(2(44)):16–32Google Scholar
- Rangone A (2017) International perspectives on corporate governance: doctrines, models and empirical evidence concerning the foundations of banking origin. RIREA Aziende, RomaGoogle Scholar
- Ryan B, Gross N (1943) The diffusion of hybrid seed corn in two Iowa communities. Rural Sociol 8:15–24Google Scholar
- Spin-off Italia (2019) Database degli Spin-Off della Ricerca Pubblica. Available at: https://www.spinoffitalia.it
- Wang Y, Nicholas S (2005) Knowledge transfer, knowledge replication, and learning in non-equity alliances: operating contractual joint ventures in China. J Manag Int Rev 45(1):99–118Google Scholar