Competition Between Intelligent Machines and Digital Personnel: The Coming Crisis in the Labor Market During the Transition to the Cyber Economy
Purpose: The purpose of the chapter is systemic study of the future labor market in the cyber economy in view of the influence of not only the demographic factor but also of the more important technological factor, which is connected to formation and increase of competition between intellectual machines and digital personnel.
Methodology: The authors determine the influence of the demographic and technological factors on the future of the Russian labor market. The authors perform analysis of statistical data for the Russian labor market, which allows forecasting further expansion of the spheres and popularization of automatization of the production and distribution processes in the Russian economy. Thus, the need for digital personnel will reduce, as their functions will be taken over by intelligent machines.
Results: It is determined that in modern Russia no efforts are made for assessment of the potential needs for digital personnel either at the government, university, or corporate levels. Training of digital personnel is announced as a strategic priority of the national program “Digital economy of the Russian Federation” dated July 28, 2017, No. 1632-r. In view of the determined highly probable negative influence of the technological factor (growth of competition of intelligent machines and digital personnel), it is possible to forecast a crisis of the Russian labor market in the future.
Conclusions: It is substantiated that a crisis is imminent in the Russian labor market: firstly, due to growth of competition of digital personnel under the influence of the increase of their number and, secondly, due to establishment and growth of competition of intelligent machines and digital personnel. It is concluded that it is necessary to have state anti-crisis management of the Russian labor market.
KeywordsCyber economy Personnel training Digital economy Labor market Digital personnel
JEL CodeА22 О33
- Matyunina ОЕ, Zavalko NА, Kozhina VО, Sokolov АА, Lebedeva ОЕ (2018) Development of financial infrastructure in the system of state regulation of digital economy. Econ Entrep:26–29Google Scholar
- Metelev SE, Zavalko NA (2014) Advancement in the aspect of regionalization of education. Life Sci J:129–132Google Scholar
- Milner BZ (2008) “Knowledge economy” and new requirements to management. The issues of the theory and practice of management:108–120Google Scholar
- National Research University “Higher School of Economics” (2019) Digital economy – 2019. Short statistical collection. https://www.hse.ru/data/2018/12/26/1143130930/ice2019kr.pdf. Accessed 25 July 2019
- Patapskaya NА (1997) Economic aspects of development of the scientific and educational potential of higher school. Ural State Technical University, OmskGoogle Scholar
- Ragulina JV, Zavalko NA (2013a) Integration processes in the chain: science, higher vocational education and production, as a factor in increasing the competitiveness of the educational institution. Middle-East J Sci Res:161–166Google Scholar
- Ragulina JV, Zavalko NA (2013b) Theoretical and methodical background of efficiency of educational services in the system of higher education. Life Sci J:199–204Google Scholar
- Slivina ТА (2008) Formation of a competitive personality of future specialist in the educational process of university, Krasnoyarsk, p 24Google Scholar
- Zavalko NА (2013) Formation of qualitative aspects of higher professional education in the conditions of the market environment. Bull Acad:135–137Google Scholar
- Zavalko NА, Ragulina YV (2013) Increase of effectiveness of interaction in the market of educational services. Bull Acad:126–128Google Scholar
- Zavalko NА, Matyunina ОЕ, Kozhina VО, Sokolov АА, Lebedev KА (2018) Digital economy and its influence on state and municipal management. Econ Entrep:101–104Google Scholar