Application of Value Set Concept to Ellipsoidal Polynomial Families with Multilinear Uncertainty Structure
- 227 Downloads
The contribution intends to present the application of the value set concept to the ellipsoidal polynomial families with multilinear uncertainty structure. It is a follow-up to the previously published work, where the ellipsoidal polynomial families with affine linear uncertainty structure were studied. In the first parts of this paper, the basic terms related to the robustness under parametric uncertainty (e.g., uncertainty structure, uncertainty bounding set, family, and value set) are briefly recalled, with the accent on the ellipsoidal polynomial families. Subsequently, the non-convex value sets of the illustrative ellipsoidal polynomial family with multilinear uncertainty structure are plotted and analyzed. It is shown that the boundaries of the value set need not to mapped only from the boundaries in the parameter space but possibly also from the internal points.
KeywordsValue set Ellipsoidal uncertainty Spherical uncertainty Family of polynomials Multilinear uncertainty
This work was supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic within the National Sustainability Programme project No. LO1303 (MSMT-7778/2014) and also by the European Regional Development Fund under the project CEBIA-Tech No. CZ.1.05/2.1.00/03.0089. This assistance is very gratefully acknowledged.
- 4.Matušů, R., Prokop, R.: Robust stability analysis for systems with real parametric uncertainty: implementation of graphical tests in Matlab. Int. J. Circ. Syst. Signal Process. 7(1), 26–33 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Matušů, R.: Value sets of ellipsoidal polynomial families with affine linear uncertainty structure. In: Cybernetics and Automation Control Theory Methods in Intelligent Algorithms. Proceedings of CSOC 2019. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 986, pp. 255–263. Springer, Cham (2019)Google Scholar
- 9.Hurák, Z., Šebek, M.: New tools for spherical uncertain systems in polynomial toolbox for Matlab. In: Proceedings of the Technical Computing Prague 2000, Prague, Czech Republic (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Tesi, A., Vicino, A., Villoresi, F.: Robust stability of spherical plants with unstructured uncertainty. In: Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Seattle, Washington, USA (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Polyak, B.T., Shcherbakov, P.S.: Random spherical uncertainty in estimation and robustness. In: Proceedings of the 39th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Sydney, Australia (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Matušů, R.: Spherical families of polynomials: a graphical approach to robust stability analysis. Int. J. Circ. Syst. Signal Process. 10, 326–332 (2016)Google Scholar