A Stochastic Approach for Effective Workforce Planning: A Case of a Call Centre in Turkey
In this study, customer service activities of the company, which is actively serving in the e-commerce sector in Turkey, provided through the call center were reviewed and a solution was proposed to improve the existing problems. In this respect, the literature research has been conducted on e-commerce sector and call centres, increasing the customer demands with the campaigns implemented by the companies serving in the e-commerce sector in certain periods, and thus the effect of the intensity experienced on customer services in call centres has been examined from different perspectives. Later on, with a company that provides international services, including Turkey it has reached to more detailed information and data relating to jointly carrying out a study subject. Surveys were carried out with the planning team and team leaders of the company, moreover, current problems were investigated and suggestions for solutions were evaluated. The data obtained, the previous year’s statistics of the company were examined, and the needs were determined. In order to develop solutions, different concepts have been created and evaluated along with one of the concepts created in line with these results has been selected. The design of the study was prepared according to the results obtained from these stages. Finally, risk analyses were made, the points that should be prevented by the company were reached, and ideas were presented for the future stages.
KeywordsErlang distribution Call centre Workforce planning Segmentation planning E-commerce
- 1.Canpolat, Ö.: E-Ticaret ve Türkiye’deki Gelişmeler, Hukuk Müşavirliği. T.C Sanayi Ve Ticaret Başkanlığı, Ankara (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Kantarcı, Ö, Özalp, M., Ezginsoy, C., Özaşkınlı, O., Cavlak, C.: Digitalleşen Dünyada Ekonominin İtici Gücü: E-Ticaret. TÜSİAD (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.E-Commerce in Turkey, 2017 Market Size Report, TÜBİSAD (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Manap, G.: Paranın zaman değerive öğrenme etkisi altindaki kesikli zaman-değişken talepli parti büyüklüğü modelleri (unpublished master’s thesis). Süleyman demirel üniversitesi sosyal bilimler enstitüsü işletme anabilim dali (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Robbins, R., Medeiros, D.J., Harrison, T.P.: Does the Erlang C Model Fit in Real Call Centers? (2010)Google Scholar