Futurology and Conclusions
This chapter provides a conclusive picture of the suggested ethical framework for Global Governance for Health Research. The final chapter of this book examines the trends and possible developments in the future, along with the existing and potential threats and promises in the realm of Global Governance for Health Research. The sixth chapter also includes some suggestions for future research. This chapter includes a brief analysis of the recently emerged challenge of Neoliberalism, populistic isolationism, and protectionism in developed countries. It ends with providing some practical and ethical recommendations and suggestions for future research.
KeywordsFuturology Neoliberalism Populistic isolationism Respect for cultural diversity Integrated approach to health
- Graham, David. A. 2017. ‘America First’: Donald Trump’s Populist Inaugural Address. The Atlantic, January 20, 2017. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/trump-inaugural-speech-analysis/513956/.
- Jordan, Mary. 2016. When Trump Said That Not Paying Taxes ‘Makes Me Smart,’ Undecided Voters in N.C. Gasped. The Washngton Post, September 27, 2016. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-lean-toward-clinton-among-one-group-of-undecided-north-carolina-voters/2016/09/27/ff271b2e-8469-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html?utm_term=.d7b38aab30bd.
- Lipschultz, Ronnie D. 2005. Global Civil Society and Global Governmentality: Or, the Search for Politics and the State Amidst the Capillaries of Social Power. In Power in Global Governance, ed. Michael Barnett and Raymond Duvall, 229–248. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Monbiot, George. 2016. Neoliberalism: The Deep Story That Lies beneath Donald Trump’s Triumph. The Guardian, November 14, 2016. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/14/neoliberalsim-donald-trump-george-monbiot.
- UNESCO. 2005. The UNESCO Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights. UNESCO, Last modified October 19, 2005. http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ID=31058&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html.