Designing the Guidelines for Shared Urban Community Gardens
A comparison of the various projects implemented in Milan’s zone, nine district (Orto per Nove, Catone Nursery school, Maffucci middle school) produced a set of guidelines to help local government encourage the dissemination of shared farming practices, guided by an approach based on design thinking in other zones of Milan and outside the city.
Definitions and rules. This part started with the documents and the recommendations of the municipality of Milan.
The design of spaces and therefore the design of the spatial context in which the community garden is to be created, as well as the materials and solutions to be adopted for every kind of physical requirement connected with cultivation.
Workshops, the central themes of which are community building, the rules underpinning shared activities, activities for co-designing and co-creating the growing spaces themselves and their shared areas, and finally, the acquisition of greater awareness of the process implemented and the goals attained.
- Bellè M (2015) Cultivating tools. Replicability toolkit for co-designing a shared neighbourhood garden. http://hdl.handle.net/10589/109666
- Fassi D, Galluzzo L, De Rosa A (2016a) CampUS: co-designing spaces for urban agriculture with local communities. In: Design for Territories, PAD Journal n. 13, Pages on Arts and DesignGoogle Scholar
- Fassi D, Galluzzo L, Rogel L (2016b) Hidden public spaces: when a university campus becomes a place fro communities. In: Future-Focused Thinking, DRS2016: Design Research Society, pp 3407–3421 (2016)Google Scholar
- Fassi D, Galluzzo L, De Rosa A (2016c) CampUS: How the co-design approach can support the social innovation in urban context. In: AHFE 2016 conference, 7th international conference on applied human factors and ergonomics, Orlando, Florida (USA), Ed. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Maiorino ML (2015) Cultivating tools. Replicability toolkit for co-designing a shared garden at a nursery school. http://hdl.handle.net/10589/109665
- Manzini E (2019) Politics of the Everyday. Bloomsbury Visual ArtsGoogle Scholar
- Mastrantoni C (2015) Orti di classe. Linee guida per orti condivisi nella didattica. http://hdl.handle.net/10589/117435
- Mazzarello M (2015) Orti in carriera. Linee guida per orti condivisi nelle aziende. http://hdl.handle.net/10589/117445
- Meroni A (2007) Creative communities. People Inventing Sustainable Ways of Living. Edizioni POLI.design, MilanoGoogle Scholar
- Sanders EBN, Stappers P (2013) Convivial Toolbox: generative design research for the fuzzy front endGoogle Scholar