Application of Eigenvalue Problems Under the Study of Wave Velocity in Some Media
The wave velocities in some media under different types of anisotropy are estimated applying the eigenvalue problem of material tensors. In this connection, the canonical representations of material tensors, as well as kinematic and dynamic conditions on the strong discontinuity surface are given. Using them the problem of finding the wave velocities is reduced to the eigenvalue problem for the corresponding dispersion tensor. In addition, dispersion equations for determining the wave velocities are obtained. In particular, classical and micropolar materials with different symbols of anisotropy (structure) are considered and the wave velocities through the eigenvalues of material tensors are found.
KeywordsWave velocity Eigenvalues of material tensors Anisotropy symbol Micropolar medium Tensor-block matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (project no. DI-2016-41) and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 18–29– 10085–mk).
- Baskakov VA (1991) Analysis of the propagation and dynamic influence of shock waves on a deformable solid (in Russ.). PhD thesis, Ulyanov Chuvash State UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Baskakov VA, Bestuzheva NP, Konchakova NA (2001) Linear Dynamic Theory of Thermoelastic Media with a Microstructure (in Russ.)Google Scholar
- Konchakova NA (1998) Investigation of wave processes in the thermoelastic Cosserat medium (in russ.). PhD thesis, Voronezh State Technical UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Kupradze VD (ed) (1979) Three-dimensional Problems of the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity and Thermoelasticity, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol 25. North-HollandGoogle Scholar
- Nikabadze MU (2014) Development of the Method of Orthogonal Polynomials in the Classical and Micropolar Mechanics of Elastic Thin Bodies. Moscow Univ. Press, (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Nikabadze MU (2016) Eigenvalue Problems of a Tensor and a Tensor-Block Matrix (TMB) of Any Even Rank with Some Applications in Mechanics. In: Altenbach H, Forest S (eds) Generalized Continua as Models for Classical and Advanced Materials, Advanced Structured Materials, vol 42, Springer, pp 279–317Google Scholar
- Nikabadze MU (2017c) To the problem of decomposition of the initial boundary value problems in mechanics. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 936(1):1–12Google Scholar
- Nikabadze MU, Ulukhanyan AR (2016) Analytical Solutions in the Theory of Thin Bodies. In: Altenbach H, Forest S (eds) Generalized Continua as Models for Classical and Advanced Materials, Advanced Structured Materials, vol 42, pp 319–361Google Scholar
- Nowacki W (1970) Teoria Sprezystosci. Panstwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, WarsawGoogle Scholar
- Petrashen GI (1978) Fundamentals of the mathematical theory of elastic waves propagation (in Russ.). In: Issues of the Dynamic Theory of Seismic Wave Propagation., vol 18, Nauka, LeningradGoogle Scholar
- Petrashen GI (1980) Wave Propagation in Anisotropic Elastic Media (in Russ.). Nauka, LeningradGoogle Scholar
- Poruchikov VB (1986) Methods of Dynamic Theory of Elasticity (in Russ.). Nauka, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Sagomonyan AY (1985) Stress Waves in Continuous Media (in Russ.). Izd. Moscov. Univ., MoscowGoogle Scholar