Converting Language Resources into Linked Data
In previous chapters, we discussed how to model linguistic data sets using the Resource Description Framework as a basis to publish them as linked data on the Web. In this chapter, we describe a methodology that can be followed in the transformation of legacy linguistic datasets into linked data. The methodology comprises of different tasks, including the specification, modelling, generation, linking, publication and exploitation of the data. We will discuss specific guidelines that can be applied in the transformation of particular types of resources, such as bilingual/multilingual dictionaries, WordNets, terminologies and corpora.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B. Hyland, G. Atemezing, B. Villazón-Terrazas, Best practices for publishing linked data. W3C working group note, World Wide Web Consortium (2014), https://www.w3.org/TR/ld-bp/
- 3.D. Vila-Suero, A. Gómez-Pérez, E. Montiel-Ponsoda, J. Gracia, G. Aguado-de Cea, Publishing linked data: the multilingual dimension, in Towards the Multilingual Semantic Web, ed. by P. Cimiano, P. Buitelaar (Springer, Berlin, 2014), pp. 101–118Google Scholar
- 4.A. Gómez-Pérez, D. Vila-Suero, E. Montiel-Ponsoda, J. Gracia, G. Aguado-de Cea, Guidelines for multilingual linked data, in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics (WIMS) (ACM, New York, 2013)Google Scholar
- 5.D. Ayers, M. Völkel, Cool URIs for the Semantic Web. W3C interest group note. World Wide Web Consortium (2008), https://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/
- 6.P. Archer, S. Goedertier, N. Loutas, Study on persistent URIs. Technical Report, ISA (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.E. Montiel-Ponsoda, D. Vila-Suero, B. Villazón-Terrazas, G. Dunsire, E. Escolano, A. Gómez-Pérez, Style guidelines for naming and labeling ontologies in the multilingual web, in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications (DC) (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.V. Rodríguez-Doncel, A. Gómez-Pérez, N. Mihindukulasooriya, Rights declaration in linked data, in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Consuming Linked Data (COLD), vol. 1034 (CEUR-WS, 2013)Google Scholar
- 13.R. Kimball, J. Caserta, The Data Warehouse ETL Toolkit: Practical Techniques for Extracting, Cleaning, Conforming and Delivering Data (Wiley, Hoboken, 2004)Google Scholar
- 14.F. Priyatna, E. Ruckhaus, N. Mihindukulasooriya, O. Corcho, N. Saturno, Mappingpedia: a collaborative environment for R2RML mappings, in Proceedings of the 14th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC) Satellite Events (2017), pp. 114–119Google Scholar
- 15.A. Hogan, A. Harth, A. Passant, S. Decker, A. Polleres, Weaving the pedantic web, in Proceedings of Linked Data on the Web Workshop (LDOW), co-located with the 19th International World Wide Web conference (WWW) (2010)Google Scholar