Application of the COST TU1406 Quality Control Framework to a Stone Arch Bridge in Portugal
This paper reports on the application of the Quality Control framework suggested in the COST TU1406 to masonry arch bridges. A case study of a single span stone arch bridge built in Portugal is addressed based on real data available from visual inspections performed by the Portuguese public concessionaire and manager for the national road and railway, IP - Infraestruturas de Portugal. The results of the suggested methodology are discussed considering two maintenance scenarios and confronted with the results of the IP assessment.
KeywordsStone arch bridges Quality control plans COST action TU1406
This paper is based on the work and results from COST Action TU1406, supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology).
- 1.Hajdin, R., et al.: Establishment of a quality control plan, WG3 Tech. Rep. COST Action TU1406 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Kedar, A., et al.: Guidelines for preparation of a case study, WG4 Tech. Rep. COST Action TU1406 (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.IP: Quintão hydraulic passage inventory, IP- Infraestruturas de Portugal, unpublished report (2006). in PortugueseGoogle Scholar
- 4.IP: Quintão hydraulic passage regular inspection, IP- Infraestruturas de Portugal, unpublished report (2008). in PortugueseGoogle Scholar
- 5.IP: Quintão hydraulic passage regular inspection, IP- Infraestruturas de Portugal, unpublished report (2014). in PortugueseGoogle Scholar
- 6.IP: Strengthening design of Quintão hydraulic passage, IP- Infraestruturas de Portugal, unpublished report (2013). in PortugueseGoogle Scholar
- 7.Freire, L., Amado, J.: SGOA – Sistema de gestão da conservação de obras de arte da EP – Novos desafios. In: Cruz, P., Santos, L., Mendonça, T. (eds.) ASCP 2015, CCRP, pp. II-639-II-649. ASCP, Lisboa (2015). in Portuguese Google Scholar