An Application-Driven Heterogeneous Internet of Things Integration Architecture
Smart city consists of heterogenous Internet of Things (IoTs) and urban application systems. To achieve smart city integration, One critical challenge is that these heterogenous systems are implemented independently, and hard to communicate with each other. To address this issue, the authors propose an application-driven heterogeneous IoTs architecture. Under this architecture, all kinds of resources are uniformly described by extracting the common characteristics of application requirements in smart cities to form independent and complete capability components, resources are reconfigured according to application requirements to provide adaptive resources and differentiated services for urban applications. The results show that our proposed architecture can effectively solve the problem of deep integration of heterogeneous Internet of things.
KeywordsApplication-driven Heterogenous architecture Internet of Things
This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under Grant No. 61872434 and Key R&D Program of Shaanxi Province in 2017 (No. 2017ZDXM-GY-018).
- 1.Wang, J.: Research on routing in software defined internet of things. Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Wuhan, China (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Mckeown, N.: Software-defined networking. INFOCOM Keynote Talk 17(2), 30–32 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, J., Zhang, X., Wang, W.: Cache-enabled software defined heterogeneous networks for green and flexible 5G networks. IEEE Access 4, 3591–3604 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Qiao, X., Zhang, Y., Wu, B., et al.: Event-driven, service-oriented internet of things service delivery method. Sci. China Inf. Sci. 43(10), 1219–1243 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, Z., He, T.: WEBee: Physical-layercross-technology communication via emulation. In: Proceedings of the 23rd Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 2–14. ACM (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Guo, X., He, Y., Zheng, X., et al.: LEGO-Fi: transmitter-transparent CTC with cross-demapping. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM (2019)Google Scholar
- 14.Jiang, W., Yin, Z., Liu, R., et al.: BlueBee: a 10,000 x faster cross-technology communication via phy emulation. In: Proceedings of the 15th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor Systems, p. 3. ACM (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.Wang, W., Liu, X., Yao, Y., Pan, Y., Chi, Z., Zhu, T.: CRF: coexistent routing and flooding using WiFi packets in heterogeneous IoT networks. In: IEEE IN-FOCOM 2019 - IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2019), Paris, France (2019)Google Scholar
- 17.Ling, J., Jiang, L.Y.: Semantic description of IoT services: a method of mapping WSDL to OWL-S. Comput. Sci. 4, 89–94 (2019)Google Scholar
- 18.Huang, H.: Collaborative resource allocation algorithms over hybrid networks based on primal-dual method. University of Science and Technology of China (2017)Google Scholar