HUD Layout Adaptive Method for Fighter Based on Flight Mission
In order to solve the problem of inadequate display of important information in the mission process, which leads to low cognitive of pilots, an HUD layout adaptive method based on flight tasks is proposed in this paper. Specific methods include the following steps: dividing HUD interface according to function; classifying the pilot’s field of view; collecting the pilot’s eye movement data in the task phase and calculating sub-region’s interest value; gridding HUD interface; calculating fitness function; adjusting the layout according to rules, selecting the interface with the largest value as the final HUD output interface. This method can effectively improve pilots’ attention allocation and provide important reference for HUD interface layout.
KeywordsHUD Interest Rasterization Fixation point Fitness function
This work was supported jointly by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 71801037, 71871056, 71471037), Science and Technology on Electro-optic Control Laboratory and Aerospace Science Foundation of China (No. 20165169017), SAST Foundation of China (SAST No. 2016010), Equipment Pre research & Ministry of education of China Joint fund, Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (No. 2242019k1G023).
- 2.Bai, J., et al.: Quantitative research on impact factors of pilot’s attention allocation on HUD. J. CAUC 33, 51–55 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Ohn-Bar, E., Tawari, A., Martin, S., et al.: Predicting driver maneuvers by learning holistic features. In: Intelligent Vehicles Symposium IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Bellenkes, A.H., Wickens, C.D., Kramer, A.F.: Visual scanning and pilot expertise: the role of attentional flexibility and mental model development. Aviat. Space Environ. Med. 68, 569–579 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Peng, W.D., Liao, W.Y., Zhang, X., et al.: Design of integrated avionic primary flight display based on FlightGear. Aeronaut. CT. 48, 87–90 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Stanton, N.A., Roberts, A.P., Plant, K.L., et al.: Head-up displays assist helicopter pilots landing in degraded visual environments. TIES 12, 1–17 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Qin, P.Y.: Ergonomics research of Shipborne console based on CATIA. J. Mech. Design. 34, 105–109 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Sudesh, K.K.: Development of HUD symbology for enhanced vision system. JAST 69, 65–76 (2017)Google Scholar